No announcement yet.

How do u throw the cross

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u throw the cross

Do u twist your back foot like putting a cigarette out to bring weight into the punch, and keep left foot planted

OR do u step in with left foot and bring right foot up, on the ball of your foot

Twist your backfoot like you are putting out a cigarette.

Sometimes you do that while standing in place. Sometimes you have to step forward with your left foot first then bring up your right foot then put out the cigarette.

It depends on the proximity of your opponent.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-18-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Sometimes you do that while standing in place. Sometimes you have to step forward with your left foot first then bring up your right foot then put out the cigarette.

Shoulderroll does it again..

Comment

Great, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
          Do u twist your back foot like putting a cigarette out to bring weight into the punch, and keep left foot planted

OR do u step in with left foot and bring right foot up, on the ball of your foot
          And SOMETIMES you have to bring your right foot up, rotate in midair and land the punch a split second after your twisted foot hits the ground!

Comment

Rotate the back foot while twisting the torso into the punch. Power punches are more effective when a large percentage of the body is incorporated into the motion.

Comment

Agreed. Only downside for heavies is that we have to reposition after so much power investment.

Comment

My trainer told me we should learn every shot with a step in first since it's not often you're going to have a stationary target in a fighting scenario. I don't really like to give out advice since I'm not qualified but I thought it was a good little tidbit to pass on maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavybag J View Post
                  Rotate the back foot while twisting the torso into the punch. Power punches are more effective when a large percentage of the body is incorporated into the motion.
                  ^^^^^^^^^ This.

Comment

Always about twisting

Comment

Working...
                    X