No announcement yet.

Power punching! Any Technique tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power punching! Any Technique tips?

Can you guys explain your power punch techniques?

How to get leverage and transfer weight in to the punch?

Does the shoulder snap include elastic recoil in the pec and front delt when hooking?

How to punch through the target?

Punching power comes from your legs

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
      Punching power comes from your legs
      bahahahahahaha
      dude i was saying this to myself exactly how razor ruddock says it in that interview they asked him that exact qustion. dude looks up and says that exact thing, calm as a coma. Powah come from dah legs.

Comment

Here we go.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNo8nXD3xoc

even if it feels weak and funny, keep training and keep doing it, keep throwing punches everywhere you go. i throw the cross in a supermarket if the aisle is empty. dont be a complete lunatic, but understand that the more work you produce in your lifetime towards your fistic weaponry, the better youll do in any future fight.
        every ripple counts when you throw a rock into that pond

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
          bahahahahahaha
          dude i was saying this to myself exactly how razor ruddock says it in that interview they asked him that exact qustion. dude looks up and says that exact thing, calm as a coma. Powah come from dah legs.
          if you don’t know that power is generated from your legs I don’t know what to tell you.im not wasting my time watching some bum like razor talking about anything

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
            if you don’t know that power is generated from your legs I don’t know what to tell you.im not wasting my time watching some bum like razor talking about anything
            see i know you got a good workout today i already know

Comment

Power punching IMO comes from good technique, controlled aggression, a strong core, strong back muscles ( lats and gluts mainly) and strong deltoids.
              You’re rear delts (shoulder muscles)
              especially.
              Additionally working on strengthening exercises like a medicine ball etc all contribute to maximising your power.
              Fighttips on YouTube has some great videos on ways to improve your strength - it’s not as simple as some suggest.
              Your body is like the handle of a whip, with your arms being the end of the lash.
              As you might already know, an effective punch depends on good balance, breathing, positioning followed by leverage.
              Arturo Gatti and Julian Jackson are excellent examples of fighters who used their entire body as leverage.

Comment

Power Punching:
                "In boxing, across (also commonly called a straight) is a punch usually thrown with the dominant hand the instant an opponent leads with his opposite hand. ... It is a power-punch like an uppercut and hook. Compubox, a computerized punch scoring system, counts the cross as a power-punch."

Comment

Power comes form being a 6 foot 5 West African, with minimal Caucasian influence.

Comment

Have you tried dumbbell curls?

Comment

Working...
                    X