No announcement yet.

Rival Ultra Bag Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rival Ultra Bag Gloves

I was thinking about getting a pair of the rival bag gloves in ethier 10 or 12 oz. I was wondering what you guys think is the proper size for a 170 lbs boxer who fights at 165 lbs.

Originally posted by victory721
    I was thinking about getting a pair of the rival bag gloves in ethier 10 or 12 oz. I was wondering what you guys think is the proper size for a 170 lbs boxer who fights at 165 lbs.

14s or 16s.......... 10 and 12s r for the girls.or ppl that dont wanna improve in speed,power and arm endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6
      14s or 16s.......... 10 and 12s r for the girls.or ppl that dont wanna improve in speed,power and arm endurance.
      I don't agree. I use 12oz grants and i get so much more of the shock of each punch that I find 'em a better work out than 16oz.

I have previously owned 18s & 20s, I've still got a pair of 24s, and still have multiple pairs of 16s. I used to hear all that about improved power, improved speed, and have only found that bigger gloves equals sloppier form coz yer not feeling the punches as much.

I shadow with 3lb handweights a couple rounds a day to make sure I still have the shoulder endurance.

In other countries people don't even spar with 14s or 16s; opting for 10s or 12s.

Comment

Working...
      X