for a begginner is this a good starter

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...55&prDeTab=2#A

#

Includes:
    # Red leather heavy bag gloves
    # White hand wraps
    # Steel heavy bag holder with chain assembly
    # 70 lbs. black heavy bag
    Last edited by TysonK.O.; 07-18-2006, 12:33 AM.

That's a good price, provided the bag isn't too hard.....

Comment

That's a good price, provided the bag isn't too hard.....
      yeah, a nice price indeed.

a 70 lb bag is kinda small, but i would say it should be perfect for a beginner. i bet in no time that you'll be making that bag fly up to the ceiling - as 70 lbs ain't ****. but, it is defenitely enough to help you work on technique.

advice passed down to me: work on technique, you can always add speed and power.

yrrej - i doubt a bag that small will be very hard. however, it does depend on what it is filled with. if you end up filling it with something like sand, for example, put some old rags and t shirts on the bottom of it. as you punch the bag, if you fill it with sand, it will begin to settle and make the bottom of the bag more solid than the top.

but, i'm guessing that it is already filled anyways. just make sure you have a steady place to hang it from.

Comment

i think its good cause it comes with alot of stuff

Comment

yea, it seems like a great deal

Comment

Tyson KO .....dawg ask your trainer questions man damn Im starting to think Boxingscene Forum is your trainer, we cant come to the ring with you. Bro if you have questions ask your trainer. We might tell you one thing and you get our opinion and your trainer might think otherwise and he is training you so you have to do what he says. Im not being a *** im just saying when you have questions all the time just ask your trainer.

Comment

when i first started off i got the same package. they give you everything you need and i got a cheaper price just cuz it was on some veterans day week off big 5.

Comment

Ya know what, if it gets you to start going through the work outs then buy it. You could buy the most expensive and flashiest equipment but if you dont work on it then whats it really worth. Maybe buy that and get started. If your still going in a few months then I might recommend looking into nicer equipment.

Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 07-19-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonK.O.
                  for a begginner is this a good starter

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...55&prDeTab=2#A

#

Includes:
                  # Red leather heavy bag gloves
                  # White hand wraps
                  # Steel heavy bag holder with chain assembly
                  # 70 lbs. black heavy bag
                  no , there’s a good chance you will learn bad habits , just use the bags at the gym just now , so if your doing anything wrong your trainer can stop you and correct you. just get out running , do push ups , sit ups and all that kind of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X