Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the ideal weight for a 5'9 male?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the ideal weight for a 5'9 male?

Been dieting the past 2 months went down from 308 pounds to which I am now 270 pounds. Just wondering what my goal weight for me should be, I want to keep it in my head as an idea of where I need to be!

Thanks in advance. Also maybe another question, what is the ideal weight for a 5'9 heavyweight boxer? I know there isn't much heavyweights that short but just a random question out of curiosity

That is pretty short for heavyweight. For speed, maybe 210? But even a 210 you would be a muscular beast

Comment

5ft9inches you should be 160.a middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyrider View Post
        5ft9inches you should be 160.a middleweight
        I'd say WW, 5 9 is short for a MW these days.

Comment

Tyson was 5 10 about 217 at his best fighting weight and looked like a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfPeace2 View Post
            Been dieting the past 2 months went down from 308 pounds to which I am now 270 pounds. Just wondering what my goal weight for me should be, I want to keep it in my head as an idea of where I need to be!

Thanks in advance. Also maybe another question, what is the ideal weight for a 5'9 heavyweight boxer? I know there isn't much heavyweights that short but just a random question out of curiosity
            What’s your bf%?

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
              I'd say WW, 5 9 is short for a MW these days.
              Some of the middleweights are like 6'0 now

Comment

There is no "ideal weight" for a given height, as frames vary significantly; Mike Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard were both @ 5'10"; in peak condition Mike was around 70lbs heavier than Ray. Focus on bodyfat percentage instead; if you are very lean your bodyfat % will be 10% or lower; if you are in reasonably good condition it will be 15% or under; this is a link you may find helpful:

https://www.fabulousbody.com/body-fa...omen-pictures/

Comment

No idea what my body fat percentage is but I'm guessing it is 40+ so I got lot more to lose.

Comment

I'll probably aim for like 15 to 20 percent body fat! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X