Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to increase the speed of your punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Look at your form, punch in slow motion, and find what elements are slowing you. Could be foot positioning, lack of rotation, winding up, form that doesn't lend to quick punches, bad timing, lack of foot/leg thrust, etc.
    Yes, I agree with this.

I think one of the main things though is a mentality of wanting to be fast. Make sure you form is good and at the same time, have a strong desire to be fast.

Comment

If you can lend me a dollar than I could show you.....Rockin'

Comment

relax the arm, shoulder and upper body muscles before throwing the punch. if you're tensed up before the punch it will slow it down. A relaxed muscle will fire quicker than a tensed muscle.

Accelerate the punch. imagine the fist accelerating where it is fastest just before impact. for straight punches, snap them out there. Thwap!

Comment

Shadow boxing, speed bag, light weight training, also proper technique and motion of the body

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Look at your form, punch in slow motion, and find what elements are slowing you. Could be foot positioning, lack of rotation, winding up, form that doesn't lend to quick punches, bad timing, lack of foot/leg thrust, etc.
            slow is smooth and smooth is fast!

Comment

The best is the speed ball...

Do your straights, jabs, upper and hooks with it... Make sure the ball wont bounce back when you hit it. This teaches you to punch through it, not just hit. When you got this, start with a 2 punch combination then 3. Again, make sure the ball wont bounce back. The slightest delay will make it bounce then you have to start from scratch. This will train you to not to move your arm too far back with combinations that's why natural speed will follow

Comment

Working...
              X