Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting solutions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s crazy though, to drop 40 lbs in water weight?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Taking in less water is key in cutting weight.
      That’s probably only short term though right? Like right before a weigh in?

Comment

Originally posted by Devo#126 View Post
        Alright guys, I’m an in a dilemma. I current sit at 165, 5’8 and I am trying to get to around 145-150 range to fight welter or super welterweight. I have done CrossFit and have lose a little fat percentage but it seems to be that I am maintaining my weight instead of losing it. I am also mixing intermittent fasting with Keto. It almost seems impossible because I am pretty lean already and I don’t want to take a ridiculous McGregor approach to drain my body to maintain that weight......any suggestions? I don’t have any recent pictures however my body shape has not changed, feel free to check my instagram: Devo_loki126

Keto and IM are the right things to do to lose fat. If you already are doing them and are lean (your insta doesnt work) then thats your weight and you will have to just water cut or cut muscle.

Comment

That’s probably only short term though right? Like right before a weigh in?

of course.

also if you have been consistent on keto and have drained all your glycogen stores, you will gain another 5+ lbs of water once you come back off keto. Keto would be good for losing fat but long term you would want to have carbs for a cardio sport like boxing, plus to do distance running to improve your cardio.

Comment

I’d definitely sacrifice a little muscle to lose the weight I have a lot of power and great speed which is what middleweight is right? As you said, I just want to loss the weight for height purposes. I’m wondering how much I may lose once I get done with CrossFit and go back to strict boxing? People say you can lose muscle from a lot of cardio but threads also say that you don’t want to do TOO MUCH cardio. I look at guys like Errol Spence and Shawn porter and wonder what their walk around weight is..
            spence/porter/mcgreggor are elite pro fighters, the top in the world, they will cut 15-20+lbs of water weight but they have an entire team behind them (and undetectable peds in pro sports) to manage all this. Dont try to compare yourself as an amateur managing your weight mostly on your own to the elite pros with entire teams or you will just be disappointed. You shouldnt be cutting the same amount of weight as an amateur.

Comment

You dont want to drop that in water weight, even a 2% less water will negatively affect your performance. You can really only cut water weight if the weigh in is the day before.
              Same day weigh in you could maybe cut a couple lbs of water weight by using a saunce/hot baths in the morning, but I found that negatively affected my performance as well.

You're going to have to count calories and be very specific in your diet, that's the main way to reach your target weight. Swap out cooking oils with cooking spray to cut a few hundred calories a day, eat egg whites instead of eggs to get another hundred to two hundred calories off a day (depending on how many eggs you are eating in a day). Then add a bunch of cardio, skip the elliptical its ass for burning calories, even walking is better but running is going to be the best way.

Try to cut off 500-750 calories a day (calories burnt exercising counts, as well as calories you can cut off per day with your diet). Then the last 2 weeks decrease the amount of carbs you are eating (as carbs bind water which will increase your weight), and take daily baths if you need to, but don't dehydrate yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                You dont want to drop that in water weight, even a 2% less water will negatively affect your performance. You can really only cut water weight if the weigh in is the day before.
                Same day weigh in you could maybe cut a couple lbs of water weight by using a saunce/hot baths in the morning, but I found that negatively affected my performance as well.
                This!

Comment

Working...
                X