No announcement yet.

Got some good sparring to study

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some good sparring to study

Today I got some pretty good sparring to study. Please give me feedback, I'm in blue headgear.

I feel pretty slow, and my punches are unexplosive compared to my partners.

https://youtu.be/biV0uyd6dLg

Heres another video against another shorter but heavier guy. I hurt my elbow in the middle of the round.

Video:
    https://youtu.be/eiPi9C5zlU0

Tell me what u think.
    Last edited by Mamo; 04-12-2019, 02:48 PM.

First thing I can tell you within 5 seconds of watching is get some boxing shoes and ditch those huge sneakers. You’ll move a whole lot better.
    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 04-12-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

sit down on your punches and let your hands go more

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        First thing I can tell you within 5 seconds of watching is get some boxing shoes and ditch those huge sneakers. You’ll move a whole lot better.
        I do have new adidas box hogs 2 but I never use them lol.

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        sit down on your punches and let your hands go more
        Yeah,

Comment

I edited and addad another video against another guy!

Comment

In the first video: Why do you stand so tall when he attacks you? You leave your head right square in the middle just waiting to get punched. You gotta move your head man... you're like a pumpkin sitting a top a tall perch, on devils night, just wanting somebody to knock you off your perch. I don't know why you are so slow, but you are. Get down when you are attacking, your right hands had nothing behind them and your hook I could write a book about, its that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              In the first video: Why do you stand so tall when he attacks you? You leave your head right square in the middle just waiting to get punched. You gotta move your head man... you're like a pumpkin sitting a top a tall perch, on devils night, just wanting somebody to knock you off your perch. I don't know why you are so slow, but you are. Get down when you are attacking, your right hands had nothing behind them and your hook I could write a book about, its that bad.
              Im a little scared of getting hit hard when moving my head from the middle line. How should I move my head?
              And when am I slow? Reacting to punches or my head movement or feet?

What do you mean by getting down when attacking? I feel like my hands are heavy and im weak so my punches arent good. Maybe a bad excuse but thats what I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamo View Post
                Im a little scared of getting hit hard when moving my head from the middle line. How should I move my head?
                And when am I slow? Reacting to punches or my head movement or feet?

What do you mean by getting down when attacking? I feel like my hands are heavy and im weak so my punches arent good. Maybe a bad excuse but thats what I feel.
                Just get your face out of the way. When this guy attacks put your hands up and get low.

Have you ever heard of a feint?

Let me guess, you are a Canadian or are from Europe.

You're standing straight up while attacking, you have absolutely no power in anything standing as you do. Get down and dig......Rockin'

Comment

I just watched the 2nd video and you looked better. When you get tangled up with a guy get low. You got tangled up and you tried to push him away from you but you were the only one moving back. If you were low than you would have leverage and you would have moved him instead of pushing yourself back. Know what I mean? How much time passed between these 2 videos? You did better...…….Rockin'

Comment

Quit saying your slow and work on your hand speed. I see some snap in your jab once in awhile, that is something to build on. Learn how to throw a power shot with more intention. Speed and power. Get your self in top physical shape to be quicker and stonger

Comment

Working...
                    X