Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're fat can you build up a phase and be fit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're fat can you build up a phase and be fit?

If I run around 4-5 times a week for 5 miles, do fitness swimming twice a week etc along with other workouts will I be able to build up my fitness and box without becoming tired if I'm fat?

Originally posted by RossyJames View Post
    If I run around 4-5 times a week for 5 miles, do fitness swimming twice a week etc along with other workouts will I be able to build up my fitness and box without becoming tired if I'm fat?
    Get the training done and you will just become fitter anyway. Train in the ways you are required to in boxing and forget about your body fat. You will lose weight and build up your stamina through your love and passion for boxing.

Comment

If your asking if it's possible to have good endurance and be able to box full rounds/ multiple rounds, yes it's quite possible I know many guys carrying what looks like 50-100 extra pounds of fat that can still move very fast and have endurance. If your exercising that much the fat should melt away but either way your body will adapt to what your putting it through.

Comment

Originally posted by Brymansteel View Post
        If your asking if it's possible to have good endurance and be able to box full rounds/ multiple rounds, yes it's quite possible I know many guys carrying what looks like 50-100 extra pounds of fat that can still move very fast and have endurance. If your exercising that much the fat should melt away but either way your body will adapt to what your putting it through.

In theory lol. But some guys are just trash with the diet and do deveop fitness and just are out here lookin like a fatter Chris Arreola.

Diet is the key for fat loss. Always has been and always will be.

Eat right and train as a boxer would and weight will come off so fast you’ll be amazed.

But if you dont want to stop eating like a pos, sure..you’ll develop some fitness and your muscles will develop some endurance. You’re going to wreck your knees running that much with a ton of weight on though...

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, I got fat due to spinal surgery as mentioned in other posts of mine and I've just been that much bigger since. I eat healthy and am running 4-5 days a week along with swimming but my fat never seems to melt so I feel like it's going to be my body build for life. My stamina is getting a lot better with running so that's a plus but I've never boxed with someone before so I don't know what it's like to be in there.

Any suggestions for better workouts? And yeah my knees are killing, along with both ankles. I think I have stress fractures in my ankle and knee.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, I got fat due to spinal surgery as mentioned in other posts of mine and I've just been that much bigger since. I eat healthy and am running 4-5 days a week along with swimming but my fat never seems to melt so I feel like it's going to be my body build for life. My stamina is getting a lot better with running so that's a plus but I've never boxed with someone before so I don't know what it's like to be in there.

Any suggestions for better workouts? And yeah my knees are killing, along with both ankles. I think I have stress fractures in my ankle and knee.

(No offense meant by anything said here btw, thanks for taking it in stride. Apologize in advance if some assumptions are made.)

Change your diet. Eat less. If you’re staying at the same weight stop doing the same thing. Your body might be too used to what youre doing already as well and it’s probably just not as clean or effective as you think it is. There’s got to be something that’s not right if you’re doing all of that and not seeing the weight loss.

I dont know if you do but have you tried intermittent fasting? S hit is life changing but really, it just works for my lifestyle. If you havent I would heavily consider it.

Do you lift any weights or calisthenics or do any kind of significant strength training?

What’s an average day look like for you meal wise? Personally I try to just go off common sense and keep a rough caloric range in mind and try to avoid going out hungry, thirsty, etc. Soda and alcohol for soecial occasions, as little sugar as I can...just no brainers. I’m not a pro or anything but if you’re....for example, 75lbs overweight and are still there..it means you’re eating enough to be 75lbs overweight.

Comment

Theres a former pro from Mexico who also used to train pro fighters down there, he's overweight now (not terribly fat or anything but def 50+lbs overweight), and he can spar forever. He can do 6+ rds no prob and for the most part will win every round. Hes extremely smart and extremely comfortable in there, so even though his cardio may not be what it was it doesn't matter.

Comment

1) It's called "building a base" if you're referring to aerobic conditioning.

2) If you want to lose bodyfat while gaining muscle, figure out how many calories you expend per day and consistently eat fewer calories than you expend while keeping dietary protein high (1+ grams per pound of goal bodyweight). As a general rule, 500-1000 calories below maintenance is a good place to start; if for example you burn 3000 calories per day, shoot for 2000-2500 to start with.

3) I would find out if you have stress fractures or other serious injuries; see a doctor and get x-rays and a bone-scan or MRI.

4) Avoid forms of exercise which cause pain; instead of running you might wish to try cycling, cross-country skiing, rowing, stairclimbing, Jacobs Ladder, VersaClimber, etc. If you swim, you can increase the stress you place on your cardiovascular system by swimming with paddles/fins on both your hands and feet.

5) For info on proper weight training, I highly suggest reading information by Drew Baye, watching his videos, etc. Other experts worth your attention are Ken Hutchins and Dr. Doug McGuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post

2) If you want to lose bodyfat while gaining muscle, figure out how many calories you expend per day and consistently eat fewer calories than you expend while keeping dietary protein high (1+ grams per pound of goal bodyweight). As a general rule, 500-1000 calories below maintenance is a good place to start; if for example you burn 3000 calories per day, shoot for 2000-2500 to start with.
                  I do a lot of this, and lose weight pretty easy

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post

3) I would find out if you have stress fractures or other serious injuries; see a doctor and get x-rays and a bone-scan or MRI.

4) Avoid forms of exercise which cause pain; instead of running you might wish to try cycling, cross-country skiing, rowing, stairclimbing, Jacobs Ladder, VersaClimber, etc. If you swim, you can increase the stress you place on your cardiovascular system by swimming with paddles/fins on both your hands and feet.

5) For info on proper weight training, I highly suggest reading information by Drew Baye, watching his videos, etc. Other experts worth your attention are Ken Hutchins and Dr. Doug McGuff.
                    good advice, number 2 works for me in particular thats how weight is coming off me now.

Comment

Working...
                    X