Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title, Rival, or Ringside boxing gloves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Yeah got them about a week ago in the mail. Really nice craftsmanship and protection. Still breaking them in a little bit, have a match on Saturday so have been mostly using my Rivals in training/sparring. Did use them my whole last session last night, felt great. Very high quality.

I really like their products thus far. I have the competition headgear, which is suuuper nice and now the gloves. I have a competition groin guard coming from them in the mail tonight. Wanted to try something a bit smaller/lighter than my Rival No Foul Protector 3D Mesh 360 one.

Sting products I think are made in the US by hand. So far quality has been on point. I'll update as I continue to use the gloves more and when the groin guard comes in.

A couple guys in my gym use them, I think they are more Muay Thai boxing gloves, but can def be used for reg boxing training.
    Now you have me itching to get a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTRAY View Post
      Has anyone tried out the brand called Twins.
      My trainer has been using a pair for 3+ years and really likes them. It's a Thai brand with good padding but not as much as Ringside IMF gloves, I would think. They're highly rated for longevity and are supposed to last several years quite easily.

Comment

Title gloves aren't even made for boxing at this point - their now workout gloves. I have a pair of Ringsides and I notice I get pain in my finger joints from my hand being scrunched up in the glove - however I've heard good things about Rival.

Comment

Anyone tried the 80 dollar cleto bag gloves? Thinking of tryin em. Try to get a lace up. Or triple cuff lace up, that's where it's at. With a quick release system. I am having a custom glove made soon, going trip cuff lace, and the black leather lasts longer than the metallic if you get a custom job.
          Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 07-06-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed answers from all. Well expected. I was more skeptical with the Title brand than all, I chose a pair of Rivals, they’re well recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTRAY View Post
              Thanks for the detailed answers from all. Well expected. I was more skeptical with the Title brand than all, I chose a pair of Rivals, they’re well recommended.
              Good choice. I will say that I like Title World Gel Bag gloves only, only for bag work, they weigh 22oz..good for hard hitters on the bag. Get cheap on eBay. but have only tried their classic leather style (the standard 49.99 one that’s on sale) I scored a cheap pair of red 16s for 20 bucks, just to have a fresh pair of 16s for potential sparring partners if needed. I’ve sparred in some ****ty gloves �� Once, in A third world country, I wore a pair of 20 ounces sparring I paid about 5 dollars for in a general store there!!! (I gave my MAIN EVENT brand pair of decent hook and loops to a poor kid who was super interested in boxing , in the jungle. I taught a few of them boxing basics while I was there for two weeks in the jungle, after they asked about it after seeing me shadowboxing alone in the jungle. It always gives me extra confidence in my boxing to know that a pair of my old gloves are on an up and comer in a different part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Thy_Manny View Post
                Title gloves aren't even made for boxing at this point - their now workout gloves. I have a pair of Ringsides and I notice I get pain in my finger joints from my hand being scrunched up in the glove - however I've heard good things about Rival.
                Ive only used Title for workouts myself.

Comment

What's the general consensus about the best weight for a glove used in training? I need to buy a pair and my coach is pretty much like anything between 10-14oz. While I think he's leaning more for the 12oz, I kind of would rather have the 14oz, but that may be my pride speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
                    What's the general consensus about the best weight for a glove used in training? I need to buy a pair and my coach is pretty much like anything between 10-14oz. While I think he's leaning more for the 12oz, I kind of would rather have the 14oz, but that may be my pride speaking.
                    If you're above 150lbs train in 16oz gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                      If you're above 150lbs train in 16oz gloves.
                      What if I’m 6’2” and 148lbs. using 14oz. gloves. I’m on that Paul Williams status.

Comment

Working...
                      X