Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title, Rival, or Ringside boxing gloves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title, Rival, or Ringside boxing gloves.

Greetings,

I got my eyes set on a pair of Cleto Reyes, but out of the brands listed in the title what would be the smartest purchase for basic bag work use temporarily. If there are any other suggestions other than the brands listed don’t hesitate to share please.

Thanks.

I've used all three and I personally like Ringside the best, especially for sparring. I tried to love Rival (as my gym carries a lot of their gear and are sponsored by them) but I prefer Ringside IMF over the Rival sparring gloves by a large margin. The velcro strap is really cool but the gloves feel really rigid.

Title is garbage IMO.
    Last edited by _original_; 03-03-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

They all make gloves that are good in their respective price ranges. Like anything else you wear, it's really about finding what fits your hands the best. Brick and mortar boxing stores are not much of a thing so your best best is to see if guys at the gym will let you briefly try on their gloves before they train. Most guys are cool about this. Just say, "I was thinking about buying those, mind if I try them on real quick?"
      You'll find some will fit "like a glove", others will not let you close your fist right, or will not pad your knuckles correctly. This is because everyone's hands are different and one glove does not fit everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Title is garbage IMO.
        No argument there.

Comment

Out of the 3 I would go with Rival.

I'll be trying out a pair of Sting gloves in a similar price range next, will lyk what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            They all make gloves that are good in their respective price ranges. Like anything else you wear, it's really about finding what fits your hands the best. Brick and mortar boxing stores are not much of a thing so your best best is to see if guys at the gym will let you briefly try on their gloves before they train. Most guys are cool about this. Just say, "I was thinking about buying those, mind if I try them on real quick?"
            You'll find some will fit "like a glove", others will not let you close your fist right, or will not pad your knuckles correctly. This is because everyone's hands are different and one glove does not fit everyone.
            I totally agree with this. Everyone's hands are different in size and proportion. really difficult to tell without trying them out.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
              Out of the 3 I would go with Rival.

I'll be trying out a pair of Sting gloves in a similar price range next, will lyk what I think.
              Pick up the Stings yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Pick up the Stings yet?
                I ordered them but they haven't arrived yet. I got the Sting Aiba approved headgear (which I used for my last fight) and really really liked.

It's the same glove as the predator https://www.stingsports.com/collecti...training-glove

except it says USA boxing and is usa colored. Ordered for only $75 since I'm a USA boxing member.

Comment

Has anyone tried out the brand called Twins.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Pick up the Stings yet?
                    Yeah got them about a week ago in the mail. Really nice craftsmanship and protection. Still breaking them in a little bit, have a match on Saturday so have been mostly using my Rivals in training/sparring. Did use them my whole last session last night, felt great. Very high quality.

I really like their products thus far. I have the competition headgear, which is suuuper nice and now the gloves. I have a competition groin guard coming from them in the mail tonight. Wanted to try something a bit smaller/lighter than my Rival No Foul Protector 3D Mesh 360 one.

Sting products I think are made in the US by hand. So far quality has been on point. I'll update as I continue to use the gloves more and when the groin guard comes in.

Originally posted by DONTRAY View Post
                    Has anyone tried out the brand called Twins.
                    A couple guys in my gym use them, I think they are more Muay Thai boxing gloves, but can def be used for reg boxing training.

Comment

Working...
                    X