No announcement yet.

Injured right wrist as well now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injured right wrist as well now

Ouch. It happened suddenly earlirr this week, it wasn't too bad and I wrap my hands properly. Now it's sharp pain after the last session. Both wrists are gone.

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
    Ouch. It happened suddenly earlirr this week, it wasn't too bad and I wrap my hands properly. Now it's sharp pain after the last session. Both wrists are gone.
    Sounds like its time to take a break.

Take at least 2 days off and re-evaluate. If you're still having pain take more time.

Do contrast baths as well as just icing it (it will help immensely). Then when you decide to start up again, tape it with some kinesthetic tape for added stability.

You can practice slip rope, shadow boxing, footwork and such in the meantime.

Comment

Don't throw punches with loose wrists, which you can do regardless of how well you think you wrapped your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
        Sounds like its time to take a break.

Take at least 2 days off and re-evaluate. If you're still having pain take more time.

Do contrast baths as well as just icing it (it will help immensely). Then when you decide to start up again, tape it with some kinesthetic tape for added stability.

You can practice slip rope, shadow boxing, footwork and such in the meantime.
        Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. Working on defence in the meantime. Next session Mon if I'm up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
          Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. Working on defence in the meantime. Next session Mon if I'm up to it.
          I used to use a wrist guard when I had a sprain that kept coming and going

Comment

Working...
          X