No announcement yet.

Need advice to work on my hips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice to work on my hips

Hi guys im 26yo , im a beginner , started boxing 2 months ago.
    My main difficulty is that i have poor hips mobility probably because in the past the only activity i did was lifting weights.

What kind of exercises can i do to improve the hips flexibility?

My workout is really basic:

-5 rounds (3min, 1 min rest) skipping rope

-3 rounds shadow boxing

-6 rounds heavy bag working on basics combinations.

-abs

Do you have big muscular hips?

Comment

Just stay in the gym. Tell your coach you feel like your not doing well with your hips. Literally tell him that. Let him decide if you have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Do you have big muscular hips?
        No bro
        Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        Just stay in the gym. Tell your coach you feel like your not doing well with your hips. Literally tell him that. Let him decide if you have any issues.
        My coach himself told me i have poor hips flexibility. However i must find another gym because the coach is teaching me very little..
        So i was wondering if i can do something specific or just keep training uppercuts ,hooks..

Comment

I don't totally understand. are you having pain in your hips? Is this pain making it so you cant move around as well as you'd like? Traditional boxing stance is feet slightly more than shoulder width and most of the steps are small. I don't see that this would require a wide range of motion in your hips.
          The exercises you are doing probably will not improve hip mobility much. Strengthening the core and muscles around the hips may help. Also, Yoga. Look outside the box for solutions for this problem

Comment

Use resistance bands. Theres plenty of exercises on youtube with bands to work on the hips.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
              Use resistance bands. Theres plenty of exercises on youtube with bands to work on the hips.
              And very inexpensive to purchase too.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                And very inexpensive to purchase too.
                Yeah man I got some on amazon for like $10, and they came with agility ladder, cones that you can use for drills, and a little parachute for running lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqhcbPVXDQ
                This video has a few you can do.

Once you do them you'll definitely feel it in your hips thats for sure. I try to add them in on leg days.

Also make sure you are stretching, foam rolling, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnoldd View Post
                  No bro

My coach himself told me i have poor hips flexibility. However i must find another gym because the coach is teaching me very little..
                  So i was wondering if i can do something specific or just keep training uppercuts ,hooks..
                  What do you think your coach should be teaching you?

Comment

Working...
                  X