Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need advice about the psyche of my son-athlete.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice about the psyche of my son-athlete.

Hello! I'm new here. The situation is this - my son is only 9 years old. From 4 years old he was engaged in gymnastics, now 2 years boxing. The coach focuses on technology, my son is doing great. But very little attention is paid to the psyche and psychology of battle. My son is afraid of the commonwealth, although I see that he can strike and copes very well with this. How to help him overcome fear?

Something I wish my dad had shown me as a kid were videos of great athletes and sportsmen. These guys have some fantastic life stories behind them and, more often than not, have gone through a lot. If you want to inspire your kid, start by showing him the ‘Beyond the Glory’ series on Youtube - they are fantastic and each episode only lasts about 40-45 mins. All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Miriam_A View Post
      Hello! I'm new here. The situation is this - my son is only 9 years old. From 4 years old he was engaged in gymnastics, now 2 years boxing. The coach focuses on technology, my son is doing great. But very little attention is paid to the psyche and psychology of battle. My son is afraid of the commonwealth, although I see that he can strike and copes very well with this. How to help him overcome fear?
      Can you explain a little more what he's actually afraid of. I'm guessing English isn't your first language because the term 'commonwealth' isn't really applicable here... can you explain in other words what exactly his issue is?

Comment

Have you guys been watching the fights? Make sure you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          Have you guys been watching the fights? Make sure you are.
          I agree with Loma

Comment

Working...
          X