Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about my weight class

So... I'm confused what weight class
    I should fight in.

First of all, I'm 184cm (6'0) and my coach wants me to fight 64kg.

The thing is: When I'm at 64kg I still got some fat on me and if I wanna go down to 60kg it will be hard for me. The problem is that I want my body to be perfect for boxing, not much fat and not too much muscle and as I said, at 64kg I got fat on me.

I am very tall so if I drop down to 60kg I would look like a building over my opponents. I think I'm even taller than some of the 69kg fighters.

What should I do? Drop as much fat as possible and then build some muscle until I reach around 71kg, and when it's time to fight, I shred some fat and water to make weight?

Thanks in advance.

If its amateur you won't really be cutting any water weight since its same day weigh in.

Generally you'd add the muscle early in the camp and after you stop lifting you start to lose fat as it gets closer to the fight. Don't want to add too much weight or you may end up missing.

Comment

How old are you? 6'0 and 60kg is like Robert Easter build... I'd say take your coach's advice and stick at 64kg. Try to drop your bodyfat percentage while maintaining the same weight.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        How old are you? 6'0 and 60kg is like Robert Easter build... I'd say take your coach's advice and stick at 64kg. Try to drop your bodyfat percentage while maintaining the same weight.
        Originally posted by tcbender View Post
        If its amateur you won't really be cutting any water weight since its same day weigh in.

Generally you'd add the muscle early in the camp and after you stop lifting you start to lose fat as it gets closer to the fight. Don't want to add too much weight or you may end up missing.

Yeah, it's amateur. 60kg is definitely too hard for me and if I go to 69 I will have to build more muscle. I think I will stay at 64kg and drop my bodyfat.

Thanks!

Comment

I am 17 years old by the way. Damn I think I will grow taller when im older

Comment

Originally posted by Mamo View Post
            So... I'm confused what weight class
            I should fight in.

First of all, I'm 184cm (6'0) and my coach wants me to fight 64kg.

The thing is: When I'm at 64kg I still got some fat on me and if I wanna go down to 60kg it will be hard for me. The problem is that I want my body to be perfect for boxing, not much fat and not too much muscle and as I said, at 64kg I got fat on me.

I am very tall so if I drop down to 60kg I would look like a building over my opponents. I think I'm even taller than some of the 69kg fighters.

What should I do? Drop as much fat as possible and then build some muscle until I reach around 71kg, and when it's time to fight, I shred some fat and water to make weight?

Thanks in advance.
            Are you on creatine?

I recommend using that to help fluctuate your weight and retain weight. It’s mostly water retention but it’s super useful to win the scales!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
              Are you on creatine?

I recommend using that to help fluctuate your weight and retain weight. It’s mostly water retention but it’s super useful to win the scales!!!!
              I don't use any supplements but I don't understand what you mean. Should I use creatine to keep weight on or? I don't understand why I would want to keep water weight on while losing fat or why I would wanna keep weight at all, then I would just eat calories enough to maintain it. I don't think I understand what you mean.

Comment

I don't use any supplements but I don't understand what you mean. Should I use creatine to keep weight on or? I don't understand why I would want to keep water weight on while losing fat or why I would wanna keep weight at all, then I would just eat calories enough to maintain it. I don't think I understand what you mean.
                I use creatine. It can make you retain water, but the water is retained in the muscles which is good.

It also increases power, strength and performance. I'd def recommend adding it in.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                  I use creatine. It can make you retain water, but the water is retained in the muscles which is good.

It also increases power, strength and performance. I'd def recommend adding it in.
                  Okay, Thanks! I' ll look into it and get some.

When do you take your creatine? I've read its slow digestive so its good to take before bed.

What works for you?

Comment

Okay, Thanks! I' ll look into it and get some.

When do you take your creatine? I've read its slow digestive so its good to take before bed.

What works for you?
                    I always take it right after I work out.

I do a scoop of bcaas and a scoop or two of creatine. When I'm really hydrated my water % is around 60%, the creatine gets it up to 62%.

You just want to make sure you are drinking more water when you are taking it and they generally advise a "loading phase" so for the first 5 days do an extra scoop to help it build up in your system.

I'd recommend this brand: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9M4XEE/

However it doesn't come with a scoop (I use a scoop from my old tub from a different brand) so that may be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X