No announcement yet.

Help me improve please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me improve please

Im just a novice training for a white collar boxing match, I will be able to upload sparring footage weekly and hopefully improve with your help.

I am the taller guy with the black t shirt, we are only going light but plan to stick headgear on and go a bit harder in the coming weeks.

Last edited by markyod; 02-10-2019, 07:22 PM.

Use your jab more to find your range. Youre taller, fight like it. You get in to close. Work on cutting the ring off instead of just following him around. Pull your head back. You kinda just stick your chin out there. You're leading with your chin.

Comment

You are the taller fighter so why pressure him, make him come to you. And instead of walking straight at him why not walk around him. Use your height and your jab and walk around him. This game is about small circles inside of one large circle and how you make those smaller circles work to your advantage. It's kind of hard to see much from 'play boxing'......Rockin'

Comment

Like Lopez said your head is too far forward. Sometimes its almost past your gloves. Your taller with a longer reach so stand up straighter which will keep your head further back away from counters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          You are the taller fighter so why pressure him, make him come to you. And instead of walking straight at him why not walk around him. Use your height and your jab and walk around him. This game is about small circles inside of one large circle and how you make those smaller circles work to your advantage. It's kind of hard to see much from 'play boxing'......Rockin'
          Agreed with this, plus they just head hunting only

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            Full agree with Rockin!

Comment

The number one factor in this kind of fight is athleticism. The other guy WILL gas, just make sure you don't gas before him

Comment

Originally posted by markyod View Post
                Im just a novice training for a white collar boxing match, I will be able to upload sparring footage weekly and hopefully improve with your help.

I am the taller guy with the black t shirt, we are only going light but plan to stick headgear on and go a bit harder in the coming weeks.

Protect yourself. During the first 30 seconds of sparring your hands are around your waist although this does improve later on. Secondly, hit your opponent and then back away. Stick and move. Stick and move. If you stand in front of him, you'll get bumped. Practice getting a good shot in and then moving away before he can hit you. Overall, I agree with HeadBodyHeadBody - work on your conditioning and 60% of the fight is won. If you protect yourself well and can hit and move, you should do pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                  Secondly, hit your opponent and then back away. d!
                  Why automatically back away. Why not dig another one, two or three.

Basically, you are promoting the touch and go that the Olympic boxing has become. I'd rather my fighter fight hard pro or amateur. Dig one, two or three more once you land on your opponent and then make him miss. Defense when in range, it's kind of scary thinking about it just being there, but a fighter who can be in the pocket working it will find gold or darkness (ala Sweet Pea). Amatuer vs professional style. It's just preference. ……….Rockin'

Comment

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I will post more footage soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X