No announcement yet.

What's Your Best / Worst Punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Best / Worst Punch?

anyone with boxing experience has always told me I have an aweseome jab. That and my left hook are my best punches. The one I need the most work on is my right hook to the body. It's good, but it lacks the power I get with the rest. Whats your best/ worst punch??

My best punches are my jab and right hook. My worst is easily my left uppercut. When i throw it, it just seems stiff and slow compared to my other punches.

Comment

I don't have any best punches. They're all my worst. As fast or strong as they get, they can always get better.

Comment

my best and worst is the left hook

i always wind up on it, but when i land it tight and compact it does damage

but my best without any flaws is my jab

Comment

Since I'm lefthanded but fought out of a regular stance, my best punch was my left hook (and my jab, if I was taller or same size as my opponent). In my first 3 years of fighting, my right hand was all but useless. I worked hard on my right cross, and in the end that was probably my best punch. I liked to do it a few different ways. I would time it with my opponents jab, and either loop it around his left hand, or throw it on the inside of it. I also liked to bounce back on my right foot, to get out of reach of the jab, and then bounce right back in with the cross, while he was still moving forward. Took a lot of work, but that one felt great doing!

Comment

Well I have 3 good punches, which are jab, left hook, and right cross. My uppercuts are just average, but I can't throw a right hook worth ****.

Comment

i just learnt the left hook on wednesday i ust to never throw it cos it hurt my wrist but a guy in training showed me how to use my legs and hips and straight away it had power i was shocked

ima keep hit the bag with it2get better(i love the noise it makes hittin the bag). but my best is my cross and my worst are my upper cuts cos i aint learnt them yet =D

Comment

Originally posted by jadagod
                i just learnt the left hook on wednesday i ust to never throw it cos it hurt my wrist but a guy in training showed me how to use my legs and hips and straight away it had power i was shocked

ima keep hit the bag with it2get better(i love the noise it makes hittin the bag). but my best is my cross and my worst are my upper cuts cos i aint learnt them yet =D
                If your hurting your wrist you arent keeping it locked. A hook is suppose to land with the knuckle side. Anything else would be a slap.

Comment

yeah ur right it always had the power in it tho so i thought i was right but i can do now tho, i actually sprained my right wraist thrown hooks when i started boxing 2 months ago.

i love the feelin got when i learnt the left hook =D i thought my left hand was naturally useless before

Comment

My right jab and left straight are awesome but my right uppercut needs working on.

Comment

Working...
                    X