No announcement yet.

I want to bulk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to bulk

As the title suggests, im wanting to build muscle and gain 10-20pounds for physique purposes as I’m 5’9 and 145pounds. however, how much effect will this cause me and my boxing.I have good pop to my punches right now p, and I don’t really want to give that up. Also,wouldn’t I have more punching power if I gain muscle?

How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
      How old are you?
      16 years old

Comment

Everyone responds differently. Pushing beyond where your body naturally wants to be isn't easy and usually means you'll have to put on both fat and muscle, which isn't good.
        Yes, bring bigger means more power but you lose some speed and flexibility. I felt much more capable at 185lbs than I did at 225.

Edit; after seeing your age, you just need to give yourself a chance to grow. I couldn't put on any bulk until I was 27. For most, it comes earlier. But, there's not a lot you can do at 16 other than try to be healthy and maximize what your body is naturally doing.
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-22-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mokib View Post
          As the title suggests, im wanting to build muscle and gain 10-20pounds for physique purposes as I’m 5’9 and 145pounds. however, how much effect will this cause me and my boxing.I have good pop to my punches right now p, and I don’t really want to give that up. Also,wouldn’t I have more punching power if I gain muscle?
          At 16 years old, with an interest in actually boxing, I'd leave the intentional bulk alone, tbh.

Eat clean (meats, good fats, greens, complex carbs), up the calorie count a little bit, and grind out the work in the gym; let the body due with the extra nutition what it wants (to give your boxing a chance).

Youve still got a good 2-3 years of growth to go, so I'd wait that bit before trying any manual bulk. My two cents.

Comment

Just sort out your macros, find your maintenance cals and keep training at a slight calorie surplus. You’re young, so you’ve got plenty of time to grow and your natural testosterone levels are still on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mokib View Post
              Stick at it, in your head plan to gain 20 pounds over 18 months of solid workouts

Comment

Barbell squats have a total body effect and are good for putting on pounds but your age is a bit prohibitive for gaining mass.

Comment

Bulking is bro science , don't do it unless it helps you in a sport.

Otherwise bulking is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Bulking is bro science , don't do it unless it helps you in a sport.

Otherwise bulking is pointless.
                    Addix knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X