No announcement yet.

Kick-starting the metabolism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick-starting the metabolism?

Is there a certain amoun of cals you need to kick start the metabolism. I've never been a fan of breakfast, but one needs to kick it into gear in the morning to lose more weight...and I'm looking to drop to about 150 (about 20 lbs) so that I can clean bulk.

Can I just have a big 75-100 calorie glass of V8? Or do I need more? I'm trying to have 1000-1500 calorie days and eating 4 or 5 times in a day is rough when you have such a calorie limit.

I wouldn't miss breakfast at all.

Originally posted by RyanSpaulding
    Is there a certain amoun of cals you need to kick start the metabolism. I've never been a fan of breakfast, but one needs to kick it into gear in the morning to lose more weight...and I'm looking to drop to about 150 (about 20 lbs) so that I can clean bulk.

Can I just have a big 75-100 calorie glass of V8? Or do I need more? I'm trying to have 1000-1500 calorie days and eating 4 or 5 times in a day is rough when you have such a calorie limit.

I wouldn't miss breakfast at all.
    Eat the most at breakfast. Breakfast is more important than post-workouts actually. I usually have for breakfast:

5 Eggs in 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    2 Cups of Milk

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
      Eat the most at breakfast. Breakfast is more important than post-workouts actually. I usually have for breakfast:

5 Eggs in 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
      1 Cup Oatmeal
      2 Cups of Milk
      Good advise

Comment

Why would the amount of breakfast matter at all?

Comment

Because you've been in a catabolic state for the prior 7-10 hours with no nutrients.

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
            Because you've been in a catabolic state for the prior 7-10 hours with no nutrients.
            Naah, what you do when you sleep, is distribute a lot of the nutrients you've taken in during the day. That's not catabolic, that's recovery time. Recovery time is when you rebuild your muscle tissue etc., so in fact it's anything but catabolic.

That said, there's the danger that you'll go catabolic during the morning if you don't eat. So breakfast is certainly important. As an athlete I would eat a little something before my morning workout, and something more solid after. If all you're loking for is weightloss, I'd eat nothing before morning cardio, but bear in mind, that it should be very low intensity cardio, like powerwalking for 60 minutes, NOT sprints or anything like that. That will increase risk of going catabolic.

So an athlete and a fitness"person" should go about their breakfast and morning workout in two different ways, since their goals are two different things.

Comment

Right, I just wasn't aware that one "should eat the most" during breakfast...to me, it seems like you need just enough for your body to kick the metabolism up and pull out of being catatonic.

To me, it seems like if you eat cals, you eats cals...there's no reason (to me) that eating 5 eggs, 2 cups milk, and one cup oatmeal has ANY more benefit than just eating an egg or two and some juice...both get the metabolism going for the day...

Hmnnn...more research needed

Comment

The body passes nutrients around only for 3 hours, 6 at the most. The rest are just resting time. That's why breakfast has to be the biggest meal.

Comment

Wat about eatin som fruit in replacement of juice wud that b ok?

Comment

Fruit's always good.

Comment

Working...
                    X