No announcement yet.

fear of fighting need advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    I'm in agreement with sparring. Start at 25% speed with someone who will stay at that level with you. Stay at 25% for as long as you need.
    First person I ever worked with in the ring was about on the same level as me.

The second was NOT. That's how you make a fighter. You don't let him think he's something he's not.

Comment

You might be prone to anxiety and phobias and panic attacks.
      First step is to go to zero on caffeine, then same with sugar.

Then look into what's called energy psychology where tapping certain points can reset phobias.
      Good luck.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by nvpehem View Post
          I guess it should be me then idk I just don’t like hurting ppl
          I know this is a boxing forum, but you given thought to a grappling art? BJJ or something. Seems to be some people find it's a line to cross actually hitting someone with intent, but BJJ lets you get used to physical confrontation without striking (or at least not so much early days anyway). Maybe it'll help you get over that block, but maybe you'll just enjoy it for it's own sake.

Either way, as a few others have pointed out, there's absolutely not reason to do something (or be pressured into something) you feel uncomfortable doing and no reason to feel bad about it either.

Comment

Working...
          X