Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Moved up a week and a weightclass. Any tips for fight week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Feeling much better today. Started feeling a little better last night, have got a bunch of sleep. Got to the gym this morning trained for an hr and then sparred a few rds, nothing too crazy. So yeah hopefully it was just a minor bug thing and I've flushed it out/gotten through the worst.

Nose is still a little swollen. Hoping by next week this time that'll be healed up nicely as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations!
    Good stuff mate, go and KO the mofo

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
      So my fight which was originally scheduled on the 27th of oct, has been moved up a week to the 20th, and I've been moved up a weightclass. I've successfully added the weight over the past couple of weeks and felt strong while maintaining the same speed. My opponent has had 3 fights, not certain of his record.

Had been running in the cold and sort of wet this week. Yesterday I woke up feeling like ass, was supposed to go train/spar last night but really wasn't feeling up to it. Been drinking a ton of water, taking vitamins, eating well (soup etc). Still not feeling great today, but going to try to go get a light session in tomorrow morning.

I know all of the work has already been put in basically and this next week is supposed to be focused on recovery anyway.

Any tips for fight week?
      I wouldn't worry too much about the weight difference. A guy I used to train with fought at 141 but they moved him up to 152 for this amateur card because there was nobody else to fight. My guy kicked the dudes ass while at a 12 lb weight disadvantage but was robbed of the decision. Everyone in the place booed lmao.

You'll be fine, don't overthink it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
        I wouldn't worry too much about the weight difference. A guy I used to train with fought at 141 but they moved him up to 152 for this amateur card because there was nobody else to fight. My guy kicked the dudes ass while at a 12 lb weight disadvantage but was robbed of the decision. Everyone in the place booed lmao.

You'll be fine, don't overthink it.
        Glad to see Mojo back in the mix. Still no sight of Frog though.

Comment

Good luck lad

Comment

Good luck mate. Looking forward to the vid of your full fight

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Glad to see Mojo back in the mix. Still no sight of Frog though.
              His mouth probably got tired of writing all those checks to people that his ass could not cash. Don't get too used to me, I leave for boot camp in 8 days.

Comment

His mouth probably got tired of writing all those checks to people that his ass could not cash. Don't get too used to me, I leave for boot camp in 8 days.
                How long will you be gone?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  How long will you be gone?
                  13 weeks provided I don't get recycled or anything. I don't expect any of that to happen, my PFT scores are a hair away from being perfect. Should be a breeze.

Finish the Crucible and I earn my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

Comment

13 weeks provided I don't get recycled or anything. I don't expect any of that to happen, my PFT scores are a hair away from being perfect. Should be a breeze.

Finish the Crucible and I earn my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.
                    Best of luck with boot camp my dude!

Comment

Originally posted by markyod View Post
                      Good luck lad
                      Thanks man!

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                      Good luck mate. Looking forward to the vid of your full fight
                      Appreciate it my dude! Will def be posting that video once its over. Good luck on your journey as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X