Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the punching bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could show right hands but the Dr recommended that I just take it easy. I don't want to provoke another stroke, know what I mean? ……..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      I don't want to provoke another stroke, know what I mean? ……..Rockin'
      You or the opponent (hopefully Anorak)?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        You or the opponent (hopefully Anorak)?
        Getting in to it with Anorak would be on the level of slappin' a ******. Quit bringing that piece of sheeits name up to me. Funk him...…….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Getting in to it with Anorak would be on the level of slappin' a ******. Quit bringing that piece of sheeits name up to me. Funk him...…….Rockin'
          I fully agree.

Comment

Heavy bag

Originally posted by AchillesFury View Post
            Does doing boxing drills on the punching help increase punching power?

Does it help increase hand speed?

Does it give you most muscles then any other exercise in boxing (besides lifting weights of course, but boxers don't really focus on lifting weights)?

My goals are to gain punching power and a little bit of muscles by using the punching bag so I am curious. Thanks in advance.
            Yes the heavy bag helps with punching power, but it's all technique. A good amount of twist in your hips and applied pressure to your toes should ensure power in your shots. If you focus on precision and speed, the power will come through technique. Remember that speed is power, so practicing angles on a slip bag can help. I personally like to do at least 8 rounds to heavy bag work once a week (I usually go 12 since i'm not sparring yet) and make sure I start with two 10lb weights (Held up in guard) just throwing the 1-2, occasional uppercuts and pivots for technique with weights. I feel this allows me to throw with more power for rounds 2-8 (Round 4 is always shadow boxing).

Comment

Working...
            X