No announcement yet.

How do you beat a pressure fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
    I still have no clue about that, please share some fight knowledge here i need help
    Use your jab and lateral movement. If you don't have any sting on the jabs then I'll be right on you. So you'd better have good, swift feet because I'm right on you. And you'd better be able to throw 3 minutes per round or you will just fold...…...Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 10-03-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      You fools are the type to have no hustle. Taking everything verbatim don't know how to put your own twist on it. the keyword and knowledge I dropped was "CHECK HOOK" now its on him to go learn about it but I'll share some great traits of the "CHECK HOOK". A check hook is a perfect way to handle a bulldozing rushing in opponent. Check hook is not an advanced move or something, its basic fundamental boxing. A few check hooks into a charging idiot will calm his shit right down.

You do know the check hook is more about the pivot than the actual hook right? Its an evasive move moreso an offensive move.

A check hook can be used anywhere in the square circle to get off the line and reset the action, its the ultimate defensive move.

so Pssh go up your boxing IQ before you try to correct me lil boy.
      That was a good assessment.

an author has obviously been plagiarized………………….….Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 10-03-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Pazienza vs Jones- All you have to do is get matched with a guy (not known for his defensive prowess) and be Roy Jones Jr. Simple as that.

Pazienza was like a little spastic punching bag in red trunks in this one. Easy money for Roy.

Through round 5 Jones had out landed Pazienza with jabs by the margin of 69 to 3. That's 51% for Jones' landing jabs to Pazienzas 18%.

Roy Jones was straight out the man back then. Took a world class fighter like Paz and made him look inexperienced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w7hDIjCq-4&t=2057s

But still I have to give Pazienza credit. He came up from 135 lbs (in due time) to challenge the best fighter in the world for his title. 33 pounds heavier than when he had won his title. That's a lot of weight when fighting professional with 10 oz gloves. Yeah, Paz got pummeled. But he had the money in the bank after the fight. Paz always put on a good show. Even when getting KTFO..….Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 10-03-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Would it be good to know or figure out WHY he is a pressure fighter? Thinks he is a brute? Is just that way? Has no conditioning so just plods forward?

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
            Would it be good to know or figure out WHY he is a pressure fighter? Thinks he is a brute? Is just that way? Has no conditioning so just plods forward?
            Just the opposite is true. I was a classic boxer in the ams, walking the ring and controlling with the jab. I used the whole ring (except the corners). When I turned pro I told my trainer that I wanted to be a crowd pleaser, that meant mixing it up. From day one he had me going fearlessly right in to my opponents face. For 6 months I got my ass handed to me until one day what we were working on just clicked. I was sparring a guy named Courtney Hooper. We were going at it and he threw a hook, I rolled it and countered with my hook. It landed. Courtney stepped back, widened his eyes and just smiled. From that point on I took some, gave some and just put the pressure on anybody and everybody. World champs, former champs, title challengers to local pugs. If they agreed to the rounds then they had to fight me or they would be consumed. It wasn't about being perceived as a brute, it was about pleasing the people in the arena. I fought my first fight in Detroit, that was televised in 6 countries. My next fight was at the Palace of Auburn Hills. I fought a crazy tall guy from Africa, I had moved up a weight class to get that fight. We warred and I won, stopping him early in the 4th. They asked me back for the next show and for that fight I got sick as **** draining down from 154 the month before to 140. That weight loss killed me. A bunch of stuff happened during that time. I fought sick, lost a split decision and just walked away from it believing that these people were going to get me killed or destroy my brain. I was in a world class stable, fighting at the biggest venues in the state for boxing and fought on television a few times. All that in just my first three fights. It was in no way about being a brute, it was all about selling tickets and putting people in the seats. The more people that you put in the arena the more money you make. I had the people in the seats. My manager certainly had something to do with that, but I did the fighting that people love to see. A polite little white boy surviving and thriving in the den of wolves pays. With the stuff that happened I for the first time cared about what happens to my brain. That changed everything..

And your question of not being in shape is waaaay off target. I was in crazy good shape actually running up the Palace stairs 3 or 4 at a time, after warring for 4 rounds, to meet my friends, You had to be in shape to fight me or you would just fold after a period of time......Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 10-03-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

And develop your jab. One of the best ways to screw up a pressure fighter is by using a hard well timed jab.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                And develop your jab. One of the best ways to screw up a pressure fighter is by using a hard well timed jab.
                And learn to walk the ring. If you stand right in front of a guy firing jabs you won't last long. Walk the ring and fight whenever you choose to fight......Rockin'

Comment

Earn his respect by throwing hard counters, feint, go to the body more.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                    The problem is I'm a southpaw.
                    Well FFS that would have been nice to know. The fight is in the feet. Keep stepping out to your right on him, around that lead foot while throwing the straight left high and low. This is southpaw 101. If he tries to take that angle away from you with his left hook, step to the iside of his foot an look to work with you right hand.

It's easier as a southpaw to beat a pressure fighter of your feet are quick enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      And your question of not being in shape is waaaay off target. I was in crazy good shape actually running up the Palace stairs 3 or 4 at a time, after warring for 4 rounds, to meet my friends, You had to be in shape to fight me or you would just fold after a period of time......Rockin'
                      All very interesting stuff, and thanks for it. I find it fascinating to hear about people's paths, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X