No announcement yet.

Sparring rd today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring rd today

Here's the 3rd rd of some sparring from today. Dude didn't get the first couple, but whatever. Bit of switching stances, a lil sloppy and slower that round, but def tried to keep the output up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHSiSqmjfE

Edit: I'm in red
    Last edited by tcbender; 09-15-2018, 01:24 PM.

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Here's the 3rd rd of some sparring from today. Dude didn't get the first couple, but whatever. Bit of switching stances, a lil sloppy and slower that round, but def tried to keep the output up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHSiSqmjfE
    So which one is you? ……..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      So which one is you? ……..Rockin'

Haa I'm in red. Sorry I thought my profile picture would've made that clear my b.

Comment

Haa I'm in red. Sorry I thought my profile picture would've made that clear my b.
        The shirt in your avi is blue and I thought it was a shot of Alvarez. Ok, so you're in red. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY9jQq7U85c ...Rockin'

Comment

The shirt in your avi is blue and I thought it was a shot of Alvarez. Ok, so you're in red. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY9jQq7U85c ...Rockin'
          Haa aye I'll take that as a compliment. Yeah that's me in the profile pic.

Terminator vid had me cracking up.

I def need to keep my chin down more and tighten it up a bit more as well as I start to get a lil more tired.

Comment

Good feet and movement. So why just stand in front of him while throwing 4 shots and then you're still standing in front of him when you finished. Work around your man while throwing those shots, take the side and make him have to adjust. You'd be a step ahead of him... I could see that you guys were just pity-pattin' so I couldn't really see much. Nice jab though. Work this guy with your jab and movement. Head-belly-head, work him up and down with it. Why give him just one area to protect? Make him protect both his head and his belly. And then drop a right on him...…..Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 09-15-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Good feet and movement. So why just stand in front of him while throwing 4 shots and you're still standing in front of him when you finished. Work around your man while throwing those shots, take the side and make him have to adjust. You'd be a step ahead of him... I could see that you guys were just pity-pattin' so I couldn't really see much. Nice jab though. Work this guy with your jab and movement. Head-belly-head, work him up and down with it. Why give him just one area to protect? Make him protect both his head and his belly. And then drop a right on him...…..Rockin'
              Def good advice! Was feeling my legs from doing sprints on wed, running 3+miles thur and another 3+ miles plus lifting legs heavy on Fridday, but also need to continue working on angles and movement when punching.
              We weren't trying to drop any power shots on each other in general, but def compared to the first couple rds the power and speed were both down a bit.

Thanks for the view/advice will continue to work hard to get better. I'll throw in some more movement around the opponent and working the body more!

Comment

Def good advice! Was feeling my legs from doing sprints on wed, running 3+miles thur and another 3+ miles plus lifting legs heavy on Fridday, but also need to continue working on angles and movement when punching.
                We weren't trying to drop any power shots on each other in general, but def compared to the first couple rds the power and speed were both down a bit.

Thanks for the view/advice will continue to work hard to get better. I'll throw in some more movement around the opponent and working the body more!
                Strong legs will help you. How old are you? And that's the best time to work on your angles/movement while punching, when you guys are just pity-pattin'…...Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 09-15-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Strong legs will help you. How old are you? And that's the best time to work on your angles/movement while punching, when you guys are just pity-pattin'…...Rockin'
                  Yeah for sure. Always working on the legs. shoulders, and back/chest. Don't work out the arms directly ever, other than like dips, pushups and chin ups.

I've only been boxing since like late February but have taken to the sport quickly and came in, in pretty good shape. Sadly I just turned 28 so def have a late start, but have pretty good genetics. I have a good job, but have changed my whole lifestyle to make training an everyday/all the time thing. Def not a weekend warrior. Nutrition, training, everything is on point. I've definitely earned the respect of my coaches/trainers/gym partners with my intensity and hard work.

First official amateur fight coming up Oct 27th, need to get like 4 in before April so I can enter the golden gloves tournament. Trying to fight as much as possible.

While I'd like to turn pro, I'm taking it one step at a time. Will continue to work hard and hopefully continue to find success via the fruits of my labor. Luckily my job affords me the opportunity and time to train everyday.

Comment

Yeah for sure. Always working on the legs. shoulders, and back/chest. Don't work out the arms directly ever, other than like dips, pushups and chin ups.

I've only been boxing since like late February but have taken to the sport quickly and came in, in pretty good shape. Sadly I just turned 28 so def have a late start, but have pretty good genetics. I have a good job, but have changed my whole lifestyle to make training an everyday/all the time thing. Def not a weekend warrior. Nutrition, training, everything is on point. I've definitely earned the respect of my coaches/trainers/gym partners with my intensity and hard work.

First official amateur fight coming up Oct 27th, need to get like 4 in before April so I can enter the golden gloves tournament. Trying to fight as much as possible.

While I'd like to turn pro, I'm taking it one step at a time. Will continue to work hard and hopefully continue to find success via the fruits of my labor. Luckily my job affords me the opportunity and time to train everyday.
                    Just be true with everything you do. Don't worry at all about the pros, You got a fight lined, concern yourself only with that night and that guy. ……...Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X