Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 330 lbs and want to lose weight to get in a boxing gym but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 330 lbs and want to lose weight to get in a boxing gym but...

I don't have the money to join a boxing gym and I want to take boxing serious. What exercises can I do outside of boxing before I get enough money?

Originally posted by Desire2Learn View Post
    I don't have the money to join a boxing gym and I want to take boxing serious. What exercises can I do outside of boxing before I get enough money?
    Walking running is free also less food in your mouth will put money in your pocket .

Comment

Look into the slow carb diet.

Find a track near you and run the straight sections, walk the curves. Do that 4 times around the track to start, then gradually increase the amount of work as you get in better shape.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-08-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Standard run of the mill sh^t will do you well. Pushups, situps, pullups if you can find something that'll double as a pullup bar. If you buy any piece of equipment with your limited money right now I'd make it a kettlebell. Can do so many exercises with that & it'll strengthen your core like nothing else out there.

As far as losing weight I'd recommend looking into intermittent fasting (IM). I used to play professional poker online & got big (270ish iirc) as I was sitting down all day every day & lost 50ish lbs with IM. Its pretty simple. You just eat your normal amount of food, but eat it in a 6hr or less window & don't eat the other 18hrs or more of the day. Sounds crazy, but lbs will just melt off of you. In general I think people massively underrate how much just switching up your diet has helping with weight loss.

Comment

1. Fix your food. Slowly start making wiser choices, eg swap the pizza for a plate of grilled chicken.... pick foods that you can enjoy eating for life.
          Home cooked is preferred over takeouts.
          Swap the chocolates for roasted nuts etc etc loads of free info on the internet on what is a healthy snack, lunch etc.

2. Start moving more. After a few weeks, eg of gently walks outside etc this plus your diet may mean you are ready to start weight training.

3. Gym isn’t essential, get some cheap dumbbells, google YouTube videos which give free advice.

4. Keep at it. Do not think changes will happen overnight. It will take you 12+ months.

5. View this as a new lifestyle, not a few months to get in shape. This is the new you, for life.

Comment

it really is as simple as just lowering your calories. i read someguy lost a ridiculous amount of weight with lots of junk food he was just eating less of it. Though i would say a high protein diet would probably help lower your appetite aswell. outside of that, walk more, general exercise at the gym but thats definitely secondary to just eating less. i dont think u really need some sort of magic diet routine until you are a lot leaner and trying to preserve muscle. if you switch onto a completely clean diet youll end up pigging out once the willpower runs out after a couple of weeks so make sure youre eating some nice stuff aswell.

Comment

I first got my certificates when I was 19, and I’m still current. At ur weight it’s all diet. Cut out soda, chips, anything that’s easily consumed calories. Cardio sucks at burning calories but it can still be good at cardiovascular health. But if u want to lose weight, u gotta limit consumption. Protein shakes are good at reducing hunger for most. There’s no trick. But adding muscle is not so hard and muscle burns calories.

Comment

I’m an old go to guy... stop drinking sweet corn syrup corn poisons...h20..

My cousin mike c... nearly killed himself on diet mountain dew..

After he realized his cousin me, was on his side, he nearly beat my azz.. probably due to his addiction to corn sugars,and caffine?

Stay strong... it is so easy to say... so hard to do...

I wish you the best... I’ll pray for you tonight... peace be upon you..

Comment

Chopping rocks. There's plenty of money to be made and the stress of wondering wether you are going to get jacked or busted will burn off some pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Walking running is free also less food in your mouth will put money in your pocket .
                    Yeah that stuff adds up I'm go ahead and start trying to fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X