No announcement yet.

Appreciation For Level Of Conditioning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciation For Level Of Conditioning

It's not something I ever doubted, but knowing how "whatever" each layer is can be eye-opening. For this it's how conditioned a good amateur boxer is versus a in-house fight night wannabe like me. Then, of course, a good pro versus the amateur due to rounds and everything else.

My workout last night ended with a drill that was designed to increase stamina. And not only actual stamina but mental stamina as well. I was already tired but pushed through. I could feel my mind wanting to quit and not push my body to just a few more seconds of the drill. Though it wasn't a burpee, it's like having a few more seconds to go and opting to not get in that last burpee. Because burpees suck, that's why.

I look forward to ending with this drill a few times a week and seeing improvement. If I'm not improving, then I'm wasting people's time.

Also, I know what helps experienced boxers is efficiency and breathing. This drill will help me see the results of getting better at both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
      Also, I know what helps experienced boxers is efficiency and breathing. This drill will help me see the results of getting better at both of those.
      Burpees are too much for me. Some people I know swear by them

Comment

Gotta get the running in, and sparring. The breathing aspect is one of the most important, and being comfortable in the ring is going to help benefit that. Def need to condition outside of that as well, but focus on getting those rounds in.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Burpees are too much for me. Some people I know swear by them
          They are great, but not great. Great FOR you, but suck.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
            Gotta get the running in, and sparring. The breathing aspect is one of the most important, and being comfortable in the ring is going to help benefit that. Def need to condition outside of that as well, but focus on getting those rounds in.
            Can't run due to my calf/leg issue. I can walk stairs but I'm going to be slowly introducing trotting up them to see how I can take it. For the most part I'm going to have to drill and spar myself to fitness.

And yes, the breathing. Huge problem for me. Even when I'm outside of the ring I tend to hold my breath.

Comment

Can you run at 4 mph wondermonkey

Comment

Cause you don't have to be a runner, i also had a slight calf issue so i slowed my pace and i was able to run 20 minutes and it increased my stamina and breathing problem was also reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
                  Can you run at 4 mph wondermonkey
                  Yes, no problem there but running is not good for my calf/leg issue. Heck I could WALK at 4 mph.

Comment

I run at 5.5 miles per hour or 6 depending on conditioning.

Comment

Working...
                    X