Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatting about walk up song.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...php?p=19303497

Comment

• Last heavy sparring session went well. I focused on defense and seeing and predicting punches. I tried to move before or as things were happening.

Comment

• I'm not cutting anymore weight, unless it just happens. I've not been overly focused on it anyway, but since I'm eating clean (mostly) and putting in the work (mostly) I've been leaning out. This has also resulted in a bit of weight loss. Way way back I wanted to fight at 240 lbs but I could not get the combination of dropping the weight and recovering properly, so I slowed that effort. I'm under 250 lbs and I feel good. Obviously not as good as if I was leaner, but you get the idea.

Once this fight is over I'll continue to get leaner and find out where I should be. I suspect around 215 lbs but we shall see.

Comment

• The gym had all fighters come in this past Friday to walk everybody through what was going to happen and to let us know what order we would be in. When walking through where we would be getting ready and then walking out, you could see peoples nerves start to rise. It's real, this is happening! I felt a bit giddy, which was nerves on my part.

Right before this one of the participants found that his nose was broken. It happened during sparring when we were doing a 25% speed drill. This guy always wants to go harder and says "You have to learn to do it, the fight won't be 25%, right?" For this reason, I don't spar him as the last time he did that with me I gave him a few full body shots and then asked if he wanted to continue? Anyways he always speeds up and the guy he was going against was "Hey, let's slow back down to ..." and they guy would give his two cents about having to get used to it. So ... he got his nose broken during what should have been a 25% drill. If I had to pick a guy for that to happen to, it would be him. Good luck, *******.

Comment

• Last "hard as my mind would allow" session just ended. I'll go back in tonight for normal Fight Camp but that will just be some gentle drilling and addressing any last minute things. I assume the same thing for Wednesday night.

As I'm speaking to various fighters there is a wide variety of nerves or not nerves. Some are having a bit of anxiety which will hopefully go away. We all spoke about handling the day before, the day of, and the time leading up to the actual fight.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Yesterday I went back into the gym for Fight Camp with no intentions of putting in significant work. I'm being careful with the calf/leg thing. The camp turned out to be a bunch of non-contact work so I warmed up and went at it, knowing that at the first sign of tightness I'd stop and be done. No tightness occurred so I got a second full workout. It was good as about halfway through my shoulders and arms were screaming, but I (like the others) pushed through it. This will only help during my actual fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                  Yesterday I went back into the gym for Fight Camp with no intentions of putting in significant work. I'm being careful with the calf/leg thing. The camp turned out to be a bunch of non-contact work so I warmed up and went at it, knowing that at the first sign of tightness I'd stop and be done. No tightness occurred so I got a second full workout. It was good as about halfway through my shoulders and arms were screaming, but I (like the others) pushed through it. This will only help during my actual fight.
                  Take the next 3 days off other tha maybe some light stretching or walking or whatever.

Let your body heal up so that you don't feel your arms or legs when the fight comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                    Take the next 3 days off other tha maybe some light stretching or walking or whatever.

Let your body heal up so that you don't feel your arms or legs when the fight comes.
                    I plan on doing almost exactly that. Tonight will be a light session with my individual coach but it won't be anything other than me going through my pre-fight warmup routine and doing a walk-through of the things I've been focusing on. It will get me the stretching and the blood moving (to flush things out) but also be a mental thing. On Wednesday and Thursday, I'll do just what you said but I'll do it in the gym. If I feel stiff I'll do just enough to again flush things out.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• To go along with what tcbender said, my shoulders are aching and my biceps and forearms feel like I got in a moderate resistance day for biceps. This is because of the volume and intensity of work on Sunday and Monday. My activities from here until the fight are going to be to repair the body and keep the mind occupied. I'll stretch a few times a day and do enough movement to flush out the soreness and promote healing, nothing more. This movement will also serve to maintain whatever level of fitness I have obtained, though repair and arriving at the fight 100% is my goal and focus.

Comment

Working...
                      X