Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-House Fight Night - Dec 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm feeling lighter and faster. I'm never going to be lightning fast but "faster" is good. I think some of it conditioning and the majority is that I'm thinking less. I'm improving at the basics and able to create from it.

Comment

• For history:
      https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=797602

Comment

• Last night was fun. I got to be the fighter used to give others work. The boxing coach had a young fighter who needed to go against someone with longer reach and would give them pressure without beating the hell out of them. I did just that and it was good. I kept him honest and gave him some jabs and crosses and this and that if he got too sloppy. At first he was being too respectful and not engaging inside until I gave him a small whack a few times when he wasn't doing so. He got over it and it was good. The other guy was late 20's and just needed some work on an upcoming bout so I did my best to be what the other opponent was, and that's a technician. That's against my nature (or habit) so I did my best to be a technical fighter.

It was fun and I felt good about helping someone else out.

Comment

• Active recovery today. Did a higher rep (12-14) lifting routine today. Dumbell based using a moderate weight.

Comment

• Another brutal Sunday. For Fight Night there is an overall coach that oversees the program and then half the fighters are given a coach and the other half another coach. Those coaches are also in your corner for the fight. The program has M-W nights and each coach has their own sessions. Ours are on Sunday.

What I like about our coach is that he gives you the kind of work we need and then over the session he progresses you to where you learn to fight when you are so tired you are hoping the bell rings. He has an hour session before his ACTUAL session and I go to that and come out of it very tired. Short break then his Fight Night portion begins.

What I also like is the overseeing coach is also there. He goes to each person and helps as needed.

I'm at home now just docile and even. If someone was to kick open the door and come in to rob the place I'd say hello and point out where all the good stuff was and hey could they do it quietly because I'm watching some tv.

Comment

• Monday will be active recovery. I'll warmup and so my full shadowboxing routine and work on some slow combos. Monday evening will be the normal Fight Camp and I'll avoid pushing too far. I have to pay attention to my calf/leg thing. Assuming all that goes well I'll do a lung busting set of rounds Tuesday morning and then a mitts session Tuesday evening. Wednesday I fly out to a conference and for a week I'll do what I can to get my work in.

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                I'm at home now just docile and even. If someone was to kick open the door and come in to rob the place I'd say hello and point out where all the good stuff was and hey could they do it quietly because I'm watching some tv.
                Perfect definition of post-training state of mind. Take whatever you want ... except the remote!

Comment

• Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                  Perfect definition of post-training state of mind. Take whatever you want ... except the remote!
                  I second that.

Comment

• My week away did not go well. Being on my feet and presenting all day(s) during our conference really provoked my calf/leg. I was able to do moderate shadowboxing and a bit of resistance training but not anything that would maintain or increase my fitness and stamina. I feel I am behind where I was when I left. Tomorrow morning I will go do a moderate session to test things then go from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                      My week away did not go well. Being on my feet and presenting all day(s) during our conference really provoked my calf/leg. I was able to do moderate shadowboxing and a bit of resistance training but not anything that would maintain or increase my fitness and stamina. I feel I am behind where I was when I left. Tomorrow morning I will go do a moderate session to test things then go from there.
                      did you try to ice it at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X