Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I training enough to become a great boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saintsFPS View Post
    I haven’t been able to, I’ve been sick for the past few weeks multiple times and every time I’ve tried to fight through it I’ve vomited, I’m feeling better today but I’m giving it a day to make sure and getting back into the swing of things tomorrow, it’s been incredibly boring not being able to train
    Same thing happened to me. Every time I looked in the mirror I vomited. I asked my doctor what was wrong, he said he wasn't sure but said my eye sight was perfect..

Comment

I think you're doing too much of other stuff, and maybe not enough boxing.

You should push yourself to the limit every once in a while, maybe once a week on strength and another time with cardio (sprinting is an effective and time efficient way to do this). The rest should be high volume work to improve boxing technique and boxing specific conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
        I think you're doing too much of other stuff, and maybe not enough boxing.

You should push yourself to the limit every once in a while, maybe once a week on strength and another time with cardio (sprinting is an effective and time efficient way to do this). The rest should be high volume work to improve boxing technique and boxing specific conditioning.
        The type of workout that makes me want to do a number on Anorak.

Comment

So i should train less, do more technique and not try as much??

Comment

Originally posted by saintsFPS View Post
            So i should train less, do more technique and not try as much??
            You should do whatever gives you the right results. Test a few different tactics.

Comment

Working...
            X