No announcement yet.

Where to start as a Young Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Nope wasn't referring to you, 90 bouts and five years of training?
    Why such a short amount of time?
    Where did you box out of and where did you train kids at?
    When your a young beginner it's best NOT to watch video's because you don't KNOW what your watching!

Tyson was trained by Cus, Teddy then Kevin, the library was offered him by Jimmy Jacobs. I worked with Tyson in the National J.O. program and handled him the Regional and National finals!

You sound very talented!

Ray
    I boxed from 1978 to 82 under Savas Robeldo Colton Ca than Under Robert Coons San Bernardino . I trained kids for 5 years because I was training my Nephew Hector Luna who was JO Champ but than dislocated his shoulder in 09 . My son doesn’t like boxing so I take him to his music classes because I remembered How Mr Coons trained us but ignored his son who than got into trouble with the law and I don’t want to do the same as he did . I will wait till my son goes to College to train kids again so 4 more years
    Last edited by Luilun; 07-22-2018, 01:50 AM.

Comment

From 76 to 1984 I was the State Chairmen for the J.O. program and was the Regional trainer for the Nationals at that time.
      (USA/ABF) Colo. Springs Colo.
      Not sure why you want to wait for the college era but do as you see fit! Donating 2 or 3 nights a week should not interfere in your relationship with your son.

Just seperate the discussion about gym time from his personal time. I trained my three step sons from age 11 yrs to 17 yrs and it was a strain at times but the majority of time it was a blast!
      They all won State and Regional Titles and a few Nationals too.
      My son Ray was on the same J.O. Region One team with Mike Tyson for a few years!
      Sounds like you have a plan.

Ray

Comment

From 76 to 1984 I was the State Chairmen for the J.O. program and was the Regional trainer for the Nationals at that time.
        (USA/ABF) Colo. Springs Colo.
        Not sure why you want to wait for the college era but do as you see fit! Donating 2 or 3 nights a week should not interfere in your relationship with your son.

Just seperate the discussion about gym time from his personal time. I trained my three step sons from age 11 yrs to 17 yrs and it was a strain at times but the majority of time it was a blast!
        They all won State and Regional Titles and a few Nationals too.
        My son Ray was on the same J.O. Region One team with Mike Tyson for a few years!
        Sounds like you have a plan.

Ray
        None wanted to go pro?

Comment

What a child wants has nothing to do what an adult wants!
          My son Ray was an outstanding amateur boxer but that does not equate to a top tier pro.
          The career as a pro can get very dangerous even for the top competitors. I preferred them to venture into careers that have longevity and health along with health insurances and retirement funds.
          That is what they did!

ray

Comment

What a child wants has nothing to do what an adult wants!
            My son Ray was an outstanding amateur boxer but that does not equate to a top tier pro.
            The career as a pro can get very dangerous even for the top competitors. I preferred them to venture into careers that have longevity and health along with health insurances and retirement funds.
            That is what they did!

ray
            Post of the year in the training section,,,,,Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Post of the year in the training section,,,,,Rockin'
              I second that.

Comment

Working...
              X