How does my technique look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does my technique look?

Figured everything out at my gym
    Last edited by Tariq☆233; 07-10-2018, 01:53 AM.

You need to tuck your elbows and don’t stick your thumbs out

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      You need to tuck your elbows and don’t stick your thumbs out
      Check your private messages
      Last edited by Tariq☆233; 06-26-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post
        Is that all? What about my footwork, and punches?
        I can’t get the video on my phone to work but a stance should be 45 degree angle .foot work when you move forward front leg steps forward about 6 inches back legs drags 6 inches. When you move back back leg moves first about 6 inchesfront legs slides back . Reason I say six inches is you want to bring your stance to where it starts when you move say left to right is on the ball of front foot you pivot than swing the back leg from left to right just imagine a protractor your front leg is the point and the back leg is the pencil you move your back leg like that . To bob and weave always think of the letter u look at the letter u that’s how you move your head from left to right imitating a letter u . On your stance 45 degree angle knees slight bent stick your butt out like your a wrestler. To learn how to throw a jab or right hand is stand next to a wall and jab along side the wall same with right it teaches you not to stick your elbow out as you punch than before your arm is extended you turn the wrist . Use resistance bands to shadow box it teaches you to keep the elbows in and increases speed on hooks pivot your feet like you’re swing a bat . Now act like you are going to elbow someone and pivot now when you are elbowing some one your fist will be toward your chest . Now make the arm to look like a hook and instead of elbowing someone use your fist and make sure to pivot to get your weight behind it and pivot when you throw a right hand . If you need help just let me know

Comment

I can’t get the video on my phone to work but a stance should be 45 degree angle .foot work when you move forward front leg steps forward about 6 inches back legs drags 6 inches. When you move back back leg moves first about 6 inchesfront legs slides back . Reason I say six inches is you want to bring your stance to where it starts when you move say left to right is on the ball of front foot you pivot than swing the back leg from left to right just imagine a protractor your front leg is the point and the back leg is the pencil you move your back leg like that . To bob and weave always think of the letter u look at the letter u that’s how you move your head from left to right imitating a letter u . On your stance 45 degree angle knees slight bent stick your butt out like your a wrestler. To learn how to throw a jab or right hand is stand next to a wall and jab along side the wall same with right it teaches you not to stick your elbow out as you punch than before your arm is extended you turn the wrist . Use resistance bands to shadow box it teaches you to keep the elbows in and increases speed on hooks pivot your feet like you’re swing a bat . Now act like you are going to elbow someone and pivot now when you are elbowing some one your fist will be toward your chest . Now make the arm to look like a hook and instead of elbowing someone use your fist and make sure to pivot to get your weight behind it and pivot when you throw a right hand . If you need help just let me know
          Thank you so much will use those drills tonight.

Comment

Some solid points here.

Comment

You seem pretty ambitious about your boxing, Tariq! Are you planning to have some amateur bouts at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                You seem pretty ambitious about your boxing, Tariq! Are you planning to have some amateur bouts at some point?
                I was thinking the same thing. This kid is training harder than Pacquiao right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post
                  You are too rigid and upright...

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                    You are too rigid and upright...
                    Same thing an ex-girlfriend said about me.

Comment

Working...
                    X