No announcement yet.

won my 1st boxing match.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
    Post a video man. I think it's early to worry about people studying you. The guys you're worrying about were probably there at the show and saw you anyway - or their trainers were. People are always filming those shows too. I got VHS copies of my first few fights (that's how long ago this was) from event staff and from other gyms I knew before the next week.

When I competed, Novice Class was 10 fights before Open Class. If you won a Golden Gloves title you could opt-out of the Novice class and go right into Open or finish your ten. Thing have changed since then so I'm not so sure.
    He's right Ren, you need to post at least some video footage to get some proper pointers from McNulty and The Bunk.

Comment

Nice. Congrats.

And bruh post the video. Ain't no body trying to study you this soon lol. Take it offline again after a week or two or w/e

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Nice. Congrats.

And bruh post the video. Ain't no body trying to study you this soon lol. Take it offline again after a week or two or w/e
        Not true. Gervonta, Haney and Shakur all contacted me to get a copy of the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren28 View Post
          Yeah the guy I fought was a butterball, was like 6'2 280 or something and when the match started he just went into a full on rush mode for 30 seconds... and then after, that's all she wrote lol.. he got caught mid swing.

Also I was studying other fights that were happening in my weight class, and it seems like there's a lot of fat boys that rush round 1 hoping to get you outta there.
          how old are you?

We may have a future HW champ who started boxing late on our hands

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            how old are you?

Hopefully another Joe Joyce and not a Michael Grant.

Comment

Lol, so much disrespect being thrown around here. Michael Grant couldn't have been that bad. and i'm familiar with joe joyce but i don't really like his style, I mean the high output is pleasing for sure, but something about his movement bothers me. Seems kinda robotic and vulnerable to big shots like Anthony Joshua. But they style their fight style around beating those type of angles so it's all good.

I prefer watching Andy Ruiz Jr style and Joseph Parker when he's actually taking risk.

Was a fan of bryant jennings but he fell off the map.

Deontay Wilder. Lol... I don't steal nothing from him. I just watch him to see if he can land that dumb ass punch he throws. and he's entertaining.

off topic, my fault but you guys brought up michael grant and joe joyce loooool.

That video... I kinda like staying in the dark. it's good for my health

Comment

Lol, so much disrespect being thrown around here. Michael Grant couldn't have been that bad. and i'm familiar with joe joyce but i don't really like his style, I mean the high output is pleasing for sure, but something about his movement bothers me. Seems kinda robotic and vulnerable to big shots like Anthony Joshua. But they style their fight style around beating those type of angles so it's all good.

I prefer watching Andy Ruiz Jr style and Joseph Parker when he's actually taking risk.

Was a fan of bryant jennings but he fell off the map.

Deontay Wilder. Lol... I don't steal nothing from him. I just watch him to see if he can land that dumb ass punch he throws. and he's entertaining.

off topic, my fault but you guys brought up michael grant and joe joyce loooool.

Grant was pretty bad. Decent punch, but bad chin and not very skilled. He was one of the many big men who failed in other sports and went to boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Grant was pretty bad. Decent punch, but bad chin and not very skilled. He was one of the many big men who failed in other sports and went to boxer.
                  Lol, I never tried any other sport because i was too fat to try any other sport. I was like 325+ in high school? I didn't realize i was athletically gifted until i lost all the weight and had my vertical tested at 38inch just for ****s and giggles. not to compete in anything just curious on how high i could jump.

I'll look Grant up though lol

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    how old are you?

Old enough to be in my 20's still.

Future HW Champ seems to be easy now in days...

If Charles Martin was a champ, anybody can be a champ. lol

Comment

Then why you posting here then? You need us to pat you on the back or something? People post here with questions know what I mean? If you ain't going to shít, get off the shítter b.

Comment

Working...
                      X