This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobart_barista View Post
    I also read this in the spartan training regime- a small commercial diet/training program.
    For breakfast:
    about 4 bananas cut up in a bowl
    Raw honey over it
    and goats milk
    I reckon you could change the goats milk with some light or fullcream milk. I have tried it this way (without goats milk) and it is delicious. Apparently very beneficial too.
    i dont nutriotional value off goatmilk but i reckon its pretty fat.

the rest sounds like a bit much fast carbs at once

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
      i dont nutriotional value off goatmilk but i reckon its pretty fat.

the rest sounds like a bit much fast carbs at once
      Goats milk is like 8% fattier than normal milk, plus it is more nutritious. Not that i'd have it, because it tastes like crap for only a small benefit.- why not drink sum more milk?

In regards to the rest having too much carbs- IMO counting carbs/calories is a joke, you never know how much of that food was fully used, and how much energy your body required on that day. Also, people will say "I'm going to have a chocolate bar, but that's ok, because I havent passed my daily limit" - Things start to be evaluated just from a carb/calorie stand point, not from how much nutrition they provide.
      Last edited by hobart_barista; 11-07-2007, 07:06 AM. Reason: I was half asleep whilst writing the post

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
        Gentleman Joe's Smoke Alarm Steak

1 steak
        1 iron skillet
        Salt
        Pepper
        garlic
        whiskey

This makes a good meal out of a cheap cut of meat because the whiskey will help tenderize it. If it's a lean cut, add a capful of olive oil to the whiskey mixture.

Take 1/4 cup whiskey, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, and 2 or 3 finely chopped garlic cloves and stir it all up in a small bowl or coffee cup.

Cut the steak into strips about 1/4" thick. Put the strips in a non-metallic bowl and dump the whiskey mixture over the top. Stir. Cover it and leave it in your fridge for at least 2 hours but as long as 48 hours. Stir every couple of hours.

Heat up an iron skillet on HIGH and turn on the overhead vent fan. Disconnect the smoke alarm and open the windows.

When the pan it hot -- like, HOT hot -- cook the steak strips really hot and really fast. It will sizzle and smoke like hell. This is really fun. Get it brown on the outside (should still be pink inside) and immediately serve over salad or rice.

I prefer to eat on my deck after making this, b/c I can't breathe inside the house.

Easy, fun, lots of protein.
        Damn that sounds good. I cant cook for **** but im not bad at grilling.
        My Usual meal consists of
        Tuna or other fish with a sprinkle of old bay seasoning
        Bowl of Plain Oatmeal
        Banana and an orange

Great Thread and Great site.

Comment

^^ Grillied Chicken breasts is one of the best foods u can eat

Man i made this sticky so long ago

Comment

7 days before a fight, anyone got anything for me? i work at a Buffalo Wild Wings Bar & Grill so i have easy acess to unlimited chicken(grilled of course) and some spices and whatnot, but preferably something easy involving grilled (or baked) chicken. any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Spicy Eggs 'N Oats Breakfast

Guys this is really about as good as you can get for a breakfast. It has everything that you need and tastes fantastic. Extremely healthy and nutritious.

Youll need.

1 Egg
              4 Egg Whites
              1/2 Cup Oats
              Pinch of Dried Basil
              Pinch of Black Pepper
              1/3 Cup Diced Tomatoes
              1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Baby Spinach (about 10 leaves)
              1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Onion
              Dash of Hot Pepper Sauce

How to Make it

Step 1- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites until frothy.

Step 2- Add the oats, basil, and pepper. Allow to soak for 3 minutes.

Step 3- Coat a skillet with cooking spray, then wipe away the excess spray with a paper towel. Heat the skillet over medium heat.

Step 4- Add the egg mixture and cook for 30 seconds.

Step 5- Add the tomatoes, spinach, and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs are firm.

Step 6- Remove to a plate and top with some hot pepper sauce. ENJOY!

Comment

Originally posted by giantsbran1227 View Post
                Spicy Eggs 'N Oats Breakfast

Guys this is really about as good as you can get for a breakfast. It has everything that you need and tastes fantastic. Extremely healthy and nutritious.

Youll need.

1 Egg
                4 Egg Whites
                1/2 Cup Oats
                Pinch of Dried Basil
                Pinch of Black Pepper
                1/3 Cup Diced Tomatoes
                1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Baby Spinach (about 10 leaves)
                1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Onion
                Dash of Hot Pepper Sauce

How to Make it

Step 1- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites until frothy.

Step 2- Add the oats, basil, and pepper. Allow to soak for 3 minutes.

Step 3- Coat a skillet with cooking spray, then wipe away the excess spray with a paper towel. Heat the skillet over medium heat.

Step 4- Add the egg mixture and cook for 30 seconds.

Step 5- Add the tomatoes, spinach, and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs are firm.

Step 6- Remove to a plate and top with some hot pepper sauce. ENJOY!
                i will give it a go

Comment

Pasta,tuna,tomarto soup

Something that takes about 7 mins to make and is relitivly helathy and tasty
                  1)cooks some pasta - dosent matter what type really
                  2)drain of the pasta - add tomarto soup and pasta to pan
                  3)heat up - put in the tinned tuna (add cheese over top -Optinal)

Comment

Nice Man, it really helps me

Comment

• ayo people,i need help, what kinda food do i eat which is low in carbs, and fat, but high in protein etc, need to drop like a stone inside 1-2 months, any feedback will be extremely grateful.
                      kind regards
                      alex

Comment

Working...
                      X