Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy bag + hand pain: Is it me or the gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
    Mate I prefer using double-ended bags, they are really jumpy and you feel the accuracy improvement. It's not like heavy bags on which you can land however and whenever you want and feel powerful. You must catch it as it moves here and there. Timing and accuracy, also fores you to throw with speed.

Not to mention that won't harm your body like heavy bags, you can keep going on that for rounds.
    First time I used one of those it cracked me in the face like a hard breast

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      First time I used one of those it cracked me in the face like a hard breast
      haa

I haven't really ****ed with the double end bag too much. I feel like when I've watched people use it they don't really bring their hands back to their face and are potentially exacerbating/creating bad habits.

I did just get a new pair of Rival gloves in, going to use them and see if that helps with the aches and pains of the hands at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
        haa

I haven't really ****ed with the double end bag too much. I feel like when I've watched people use it they don't really bring their hands back to their face and are potentially exacerbating/creating bad habits.

I did just get a new pair of Rival gloves in, going to use them and see if that helps with the aches and pains of the hands at all.
        New gloves felt great today. Iced my hand when I got home and currently have no pain or soreness, hoping tomorrow they'll feel the same!

Comment

New gloves felt great today. Iced my hand when I got home and currently have no pain or soreness, hoping tomorrow they'll feel the same!
          Nice, which model of Rival gloves did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
            Nice, which model of Rival gloves did you get?
            I got the rs10v optima's 16oz. Seem really high quality, good padding, and nice fit. The opening for your hand is a bit tight with wraps on, so I went around the knuckles a bit less and down the wrist a bit more and had no issues.

Comment

I got the rs10v optima's 16oz. Seem really high quality, good padding, and nice fit. The opening for your hand is a bit tight with wraps on, so I went around the knuckles a bit less and down the wrist a bit more and had no issues.
              Those are very good. My buddy swears by them.

Comment

Those are very good. My buddy swears by them.
                It's like night and day. I feel frustrated that I let myself continue to use the Hayabusa's. Even going in with my right hand still a little sore, the difference is extremely noticeable. No hand pain today at all in either hand, no hand pain yesterday in my left and just a tiny bit of soreness in my right.

I worked mitts, heavy bag and sparred 7 rds in a row (usually only 2-3 in a row then take a rd off but we were light on people sparring).

So my advice to OP is get a better pair of gloves.

I ordered some winning handwraps as I've heard they have a much smaller profile and should fit into my gloves easier.

The gloves had amazing pop hitting the bag, they are a bit wide but it just means I have a bit more of a guard than my previous gloves which is nice for sparring.

Comment

It's like night and day. I feel frustrated that I let myself continue to use the Hayabusa's. Even going in with my right hand still a little sore, the difference is extremely noticeable. No hand pain today at all in either hand, no hand pain yesterday in my left and just a tiny bit of soreness in my right.

I worked mitts, heavy bag and sparred 7 rds in a row (usually only 2-3 in a row then take a rd off but we were light on people sparring).

So my advice to OP is get a better pair of gloves.

I ordered some winning handwraps as I've heard they have a much smaller profile and should fit into my gloves easier.

The gloves had amazing pop hitting the bag, they are a bit wide but it just means I have a bit more of a guard than my previous gloves which is nice for sparring.
                  Most of what I use are winning these days after using reyes for a few years.

Comment

Most of what I use are winning these days after using reyes for a few years.
                    Haa yeah man I'm working my way up to the winning. I'll prob shell out for a pair when these start getting a little beat up. I've heard that the velcro is usually the first to go on the glove I copped, so will prob upgrade instead of trying to duct tape them or some ****.

Comment

Haa yeah man I'm working my way up to the winning. I'll prob shell out for a pair when these start getting a little beat up. I've heard that the velcro is usually the first to go on the glove I copped, so will prob upgrade instead of trying to duct tape them or some ****.
                      Look on Ebay for good deals.

Comment

Working...
                      X