Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad form tell me what i can Fix (video uploaded)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad form tell me what i can Fix (video uploaded)

Hi i done boxing for 3 years and i still feel i have a bad form when punching i think my hands get too low also i dont look very crisp when punching what you guys think?

watch?v=HqBFddAyLEQ

video on youtube add youtube before
    Last edited by Faiered; 02-25-2018, 02:22 AM.

youtube.com/watch?v=HqBFddAyLEQ
    add www before

Comment

You Need to see a boxing coach

Comment

Boxing club, Boxing coach.

Comment

Get a coach or someone to train you at a local club and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Faiered View Post
            Hi i done boxing for 3 years and i still feel i have a bad form when punching i think my hands get too low also i dont look very crisp when punching what you guys think?

watch?v=HqBFddAyLEQ

video on youtube add youtube before
            You haven't boxed for 3 years, you've been training at home for 3 years. There's a difference.

Everything is wrong. You throw punches wrong, you move your head wrong, you leave your punches hanging out there to "admire your work", your footwork is wrong (didn't step with any punches). If you really want to box then swallow your pride and go to a gym and learn from square one. Try to get into one where everyone trains together (not a boxercise class). Idk if you're familiar with Gennady Golovkin at all but if you watch Canelo-Golovkin 24/7 he visits his first gym in Kazakhstan. Imo that's that best style of training for amateurs. It's the same way my coaches train their fighters and it produces great results. Better than going to a gym where everyone is left to their own devices more or less.

If whatever you've been doing actually has been effective then it will show and you'll progress a faster than what you might expect from starting at square one again.

That's just my 2 cents from my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
              You haven't boxed for 3 years, you've been training at home for 3 years. There's a difference.

Everything is wrong. You throw punches wrong, you move your head wrong, you leave your punches hanging out there to "admire your work", your footwork is wrong (didn't step with any punches). If you really want to box then swallow your pride and go to a gym and learn from square one. Try to get into one where everyone trains together (not a boxercise class). Idk if you're familiar with Gennady Golovkin at all but if you watch Canelo-Golovkin 24/7 he visits his first gym in Kazakhstan. Imo that's that best style of training for amateurs. It's the same way my coaches train their fighters and it produces great results. Better than going to a gym where everyone is left to their own devices more or less.

If whatever you've been doing actually has been effective then it will show and you'll progress a faster than what you might expect from starting at square one again.

That's just my 2 cents from my experiences.
              Hi thanks for the advice,I couldnt step forward with my punches becouse there is a wall in front of me and i would get out of the camera filming me so i had to throw static punches but i was pivoting with my feet on every punch,i already have a boxing couch and the head movement is something he teached me maybe it cant be seen from the video but it all starts from my feet pivoting to slip and bending the knees to duck and roll so i think is good idk maybe i will change boxing gym im from italy btw we dont have anyone fighting pro in my gym we spar 2 times a week with headgear and 16 oz gloves
              Last edited by Faiered; 02-26-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faiered View Post
                Hi thanks for the advice,I couldnt step forward with my punches becouse there is a wall in front of me and i would get out of the camera filming me so i had to throw static punches but i was pivoting with my feet on every punch,i already have a boxing couch and the head movement is something he teached me maybe it cant be seen from the video but it all starts from my feet pivoting to slip and bending the knees to duck and roll so i think is good idk maybe i will change boxing gym im from italy btw we dont have anyone fighting pro in my gym
                Then you should have uploaded a video where we could see everything. Don't show us shadow boxing if it's not the usual way you shadowbox. You feel me?

If that's really what your coach taught you in 3 years then you need to find another coach. Do you have any amateur fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                  Then you should have uploaded a video where we could see everything. Don't show us shadow boxing if it's not the usual way you shadowbox. You feel me?

If that's really what your coach taught you in 3 years then you need to find another coach. Do you have any amateur fights?
                  I agree with Mojo, upload a vid with a bit more substance or some amateur fights if you have any.

Comment

Video has been removed by user.

Comment

Working...
                    X