No announcement yet.

Flavored water beverages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el*** View Post
    The amount to cause cancer in rats was extremely high. You would have to literally have an IV drip of pure aspartame to have the equivalent dose in humans. They injected the rats with huge doses of aspartame. Im not saying its good for you or doesnt cause head aches or other problems but youre not going to get cancer from drinking a diet coke or even 10 diet cokes a day.
    Aspartame got approved by the FDA thanks to the revolving door between the pharmaceutical industry and the government.

Monsanto made sure that Donald Rumsfeld was compensated very well for his role in this corruption.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/robbi..._b_805581.html

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Aspartame got approved by the FDA thanks to the revolving door between the pharmaceutical industry and the government.

Monsanto made sure that Donald Rumsfeld was compensated very well for his role in this corruption.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/robbi..._b_805581.html
      I can't stand aspartame, which is why I always use Splenda, which is made from a different product.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I have terrible reactions to aspertame, including splitting headaches.

The sweetener industry is insanely powerful. Makes sense when you look at the fact that sugar is making it's way into everything, including lasagna, salad dressing, bread, etc. When I was in school for nutrition I spent a bit of time studying "food science" which is basically the art of creating and playing off food addictions. Sweet, salt, and fat are put in damn near everything because they trigger responses in us that make us crave those things. It's spooky how kids these days that grow up on processed foods don't like the taste of things that don't have those addictive properties.

In the 80's, the sugar industry petitioned the FDA until Stevia (natural sweetener from plant leaves) was BANNED, even though the Japanese had already been using it for 2 decades. The FDA later allowed it as a supplement but not as a food additive (because it would compete with sugar). Absolutely disgusting that a country like the US can be manipulated by an industry like that.

Comment

Working...
        X