Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating prosciutto after training (very good nutrition)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    " A cute little robot developed by NEC System technologies and Mie University. The "electromechanical sommelier", is "capable of identifying wines, cheeses, meats and hors d'oeuvres." On tasting the hands of human reporters, it identified one as bacon and another as prosciutto."

"Of course, as it turns out, Spam does not contain human flesh. And it's so popular among the people of the South Pacific (the ones Theroux was speaking of) because it's the cheapest meat known to man – not because it tastes like people. "
    Is there any nutritional value to Spam? Never ate it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Prosciutto di Parma is awesome and I grew up eating it. Parma is a city in the region of Italy my father is from.

But it is in no way healthy for you. Those Northern Italians go apeshit with the coldcuts and sodium. Prosciutto crudo (cured) prosciutto cotto (cooked), salumi, coppa, pancetta and/or mortadella is eaten with lunch and dinner. Even for breakfast sometimes. Prosciutto crudo or cotto focaccia sandwich is a popular breakfast. In some restaraunts I've been to in Italy, even the bottled water had sodium in it.
      And yet, Italy has one of the highest life expectancies in the world (ranked tied for 6th) :geek9:

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
        And yet, Italy has one of the highest life expectancies in the world (ranked tied for 6th) :geek9:
        Yes and no. Really though you're posting fake news. Certain parts of Italy; yes, this is true. But not really.

Italy boasts an average age of 83.33 for woman, but a low 77.26 for men.

In the more affluent north, the life expectancy at birth in 1990 for a man would be lower than in the south (73.3 compared to 74.2) yet for a woman, the average is higher in the north than in the south (80.6 compared to 79.8). Central Italy has the highest average, with 74.7 for men and 81.0 for women. In 2003, the average national life expectancy at birth for a woman was 78~84, and for a man 71~77. By 2009, this average had rapidly increased to 77.26 for men, and 83.33 for women.

SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_Italy

In 2017 the US has the same life expectancy for males at 77% and for women it's 81%.

SOURCE: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...north-america/

Don't forget as well that italians eat a lot of similar foods whereas the US is a melting pot of cuisine and health habits. Being neck and neck is actually to our advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          Yes and no. Really though you're posting fake news. Certain parts of Italy; yes, this is true. But not really.

Italy boasts an average age of 83.33 for woman, but a low 77.26 for men.

In the more affluent north, the life expectancy at birth in 1990 for a man would be lower than in the south (73.3 compared to 74.2) yet for a woman, the average is higher in the north than in the south (80.6 compared to 79.8). Central Italy has the highest average, with 74.7 for men and 81.0 for women. In 2003, the average national life expectancy at birth for a woman was 78~84, and for a man 71~77. By 2009, this average had rapidly increased to 77.26 for men, and 83.33 for women.

SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_Italy

In 2017 the US has the same life expectancy for males at 77% and for women it's 81%.

SOURCE: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...north-america/

Don't forget as well that italians eat a lot of similar foods whereas the US is a melting pot of cuisine and health habits. Being neck and neck is actually to our advantage.
          The World Health Organization report for 2015 is fake news?

Comment

The World Health Organization report for 2015 is fake news?
            In the wrong hands, sure! Your data is out of date too, even faker. Why not use 2013?

You're cherry-picking data, that's fake news. If you look at the margins, there is much more to talk about.

Comment

In the wrong hands, sure! Your data is out of date too, even faker. Why not use 2013?

You're cherry-picking data, that's fake news. If you look at the margins, there is much more to talk about.
              The average life expectancy is what is. Either take the data at face value or not. Unless, of course, you're claiming the data itself is false in which case you need to b1tch to the WHO not me. If the data is, in fact, correct, then my statement was correct......whether you like it or not.

Comment

The average life expectancy is what is. Either take the data at face value or not. Unless, of course, you're claiming the data itself is false in which case you need to b1tch to the WHO not me. If the data is, in fact, correct, then my statement was correct......whether you like it or not.
                Fùck off with the it is what it is nonsense. I really hate that cliché. So generic. The way you presented the data had implications and you weren't using it at face-value. That's what IT really IS --- deception.

You're implying the Italians live longer because of their diet. Proscuitto being part of that diet is good for you because people living in Italy live really long right?

No, that's not true.

Once upon a time, people in a small part of Italy lived slightly longer than other regions according to statistics which have a natural margin of error. Maybe if we look deeper at these sort of statistics the 1%-3% fluctuatIons might be the norm.

Doesn't matter because that data is out of date and the new data says something else.

Comment

Fùck off with the it is what it is nonsense. I really hate that cliché. So generic. The way you presented the data had implications and you weren't using it at face-value. That's what IT really IS --- deception.

You're implying the Italians live longer because of their diet. Proscuitto being part of that diet is good for you because people living in Italy live really long right?

No, that's not true.

Once upon a time, people in a small part of Italy lived slightly longer than other regions according to statistics which have a natural margin of error. Maybe if we look deeper at these sort of statistics the 1%-3% fluctuatIons might be the norm.

Doesn't matter because that data is out of date and the new data says something else.
                  You know what? Welcome to my ignore bin: You can feel free to **** off in there

Comment

You know what? Welcome to my ignore bin: You can feel free to **** off in there
                    Thank you!

Comment

Ricotta & Italian blend can take the "basket" cheese place. It
                      also adds muscle and intelligence and it's obvious that the posters from above have NEVER eaten it!!!!!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X