No announcement yet.

Road work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road work?

How much road work, if any, is in your training regimen? Is 3 or 4 miles, twice a week enough?

I try to get a couple of miles a day at least 5 times a week. Been slacking the past couple weeks doe

Comment

Originally posted by big.daddy.allan View Post
      How much road work, if any, is in your training regimen? Is 3 or 4 miles, twice a week enough?
      2-3 times a week max. Anything over 3 your damaging you're body. 3 miles, 5 miles the most. 3 fast miles, sprinting poles at the last mile is the way to go.

You're damaging your body running anyway, but 3x/week is max.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
        2-3 times a week max. Anything over 3 your damaging you're body. 3 miles, 5 miles the most. 3 fast miles, sprinting poles at the last mile is the way to go.

You're damaging your body running anyway, but 3x/week is max.
        Yeah, I think I'll only do twice a week. Im in my early 40s and played competitive basketball for a really long time so my knees aren't what they used to be. I tried treadmill and elliptical but hated it...heard cycling is good but I can't get over the silly looking spandex gear

Comment

5 miles a day 5 times a week.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll only do twice a week. Im in my early 40s and played competitive basketball for a really long time so my knees aren't what they used to be. I tried treadmill and elliptical but hated it...heard cycling is good but I can't get over the silly looking spandex gear
            What are you running for if you don't mind me asking?

Now that I see you're over 40 and mentioning your knee's, I figured I would ask. You're in a different risk category tbh.

Cycling burns 3x less calories than walking and walking is 2x(+) less than running calorie wise.

If you're just looking to stay in shape, there are better alternatives. Jumping rope for 20-30 minutes is something a 40+ year-old man should consider. Preferably on a wood surface.

If you were in your 20's and competing, sure you have to run. But 40's, running shouldn't be your regular exercise. Every now and then is ok, but you're at that age where shít breaks out of nowhere. I'm there too and shít is breaking all the time from Boxing when I was younger.

Comment

3x per week. Build up to 3 miles at a 7 minute pace or better if training for amateurs.

Running is the base for building good stamina.

Comment

Run until you throw up.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  What are you running for if you don't mind me asking?.
                  Running to increase stamina and just overall be in better shape/burn fat. I don't really get enough cardio work done so I'm trying to find different ways to get a good cardio workout in.

Comment

Every since my knee started acting up, I stick to my exercise bike and do around 3-4 miles a few days a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X