No announcement yet.

newbie to treadmill running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie to treadmill running

to my surprise running on the treadmill gives you one great running exercise, depending on what setting you got it on.....i was struggling for air, i was just ignornt to treadmill running but damn its a good exercise.

i was going to start running to lose weight then i thought i'd probably pass out before i finish my 20 minute run. So i hopped on the treadmill and started off easy then went to 5 and man it was a good run then went to 6 and after awhile i was struggling finished it off on number 8 and i was dieing. i only completed half a cirle track the last 30 seconds i had it on 8, according to the treadmill.

But now i'am a beliver of the treadmill.

Once i get back in shape i will probably go back to exercising outside for awhile to see the differnce.

Its great that you like the treadmill and all, but running the roads is simply 200% better for your fitness...

The best way to emulate "real" running, if you like, is to stick it on a gradient. Ie so the treadmill isnt completely flat, you are in effect running on a slight incline, making it harder. The reason you should do this is because otherwise you arent getting the same "rough" feeling that you would get from the roads...

Anyway, experiment with it, but if you are looking for real good performance, run the roads I would say.

Comment

Because you are only moving your legs to keep up with the treadmill, rather than actually pushing yourself forwards, the treadmill workout is only good when you use plenty of incline, like 10 degrees or up....

Comment

Originally posted by EXIGE
        Its great that you like the treadmill and all, but running the roads is simply 200% better for your fitness...

The best way to emulate "real" running, if you like, is to stick it on a gradient. Ie so the treadmill isnt completely flat, you are in effect running on a slight incline, making it harder. The reason you should do this is because otherwise you arent getting the same "rough" feeling that you would get from the roads...

Anyway, experiment with it, but if you are looking for real good performance, run the roads I would say.

thanks for the advice, once i get in better shape i will go back to regular running.

Comment

Originally posted by yrrej
          Because you are only moving your legs to keep up with the treadmill, rather than actually pushing yourself forwards, the treadmill workout is only good when you use plenty of incline, like 10 degrees or up....

im not in the best shape so i was dog tired at the end, i will use incline

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity

to my surprise running on the treadmill gives you one great running exercise, depending on what setting you got it on.....i was struggling for air, i was just ignornt to treadmill running but damn its a good exercise.

i was going to start running to lose weight then i thought i'd probably pass out before i finish my 20 minute run. So i hopped on the treadmill and started off easy then went to 5 and man it was a good run then went to 6 and after awhile i was struggling finished it off on number 8 and i was dieing. i only completed half a cirle track the last 30 seconds i had it on 8, according to the treadmill.

But now i'am a beliver of the treadmill.

Once i get back in shape i will probably go back to exercising outside for awhile to see the differnce.
            I think it came out to something like 10 miles treadmil = 1 mile road, I don't remember the exact number but it has something to do with the fact that it takes burns more calories to run on a ground thats not moving. Its almost like the difference between runing in place and running over a distance. Something like that.
            Run on a track its better.

Comment

holy ****. i never thaught about that it makes sence tho. i always thaught running was running no matter how you do it.

Comment

holy ****. i never thaught about that it makes sence tho. i always thaught running was running no matter how you do it.
                I always thought that too. No more treamill for me. Roadwork all the way

Comment

Working...
                X