Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you cardio lovers ever get Plantar fasciitis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been dealing with it now for almost 2 years.

This **** is hella annoying and really unpredictable.

One week it is gone then the next 2 months it hurts, then 3 weeks it is totally fine and then another 1 months it hurts.

Dont take it lightly and take your rest. It can take several months to heal so don't think " Oh Well I waited 2 weeks lets go for a run or speed rope"

Stretching, strenghtening your foot muscles, massage, cold theraphy and comfortable shoes is the key.

Also stop eating foods that are pro inflammatory.

All animal products are pro inflammatory and I noticed that once I ate little to no animal products and
    lots of healthy plants, especially rich in Omega 3 the Inflammation has gone.

Been "stable" now for 1 month.

Comment

PF is an overuse injury. The simplest solution to PF is to do much less of whatever has caused the injury.

Fortunately, while boxing requires a high level of cardiovascular fitness, it does not require running or fast walking specifically--there are other activities which can be used either for steady-state aerobic activity or for interval training: cycling, indoor rowing, swimming, Versa climber, elliptical machine, Jacobs Ladder machine, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
        PF is an overuse injury. The simplest solution to PF is to do much less of whatever has caused the injury.

Fortunately, while boxing requires a high level of cardiovascular fitness, it does not require running or fast walking specifically--there are other activities which can be used either for steady-state aerobic activity or for interval training: cycling, indoor rowing, swimming, Versa climber, elliptical machine, Jacobs Ladder machine, etc.
        I might actually be getting this on my feet and hands, both killing me from overuse.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I might actually be getting this on my feet and hands, both killing me from overuse.
          Do you know what is causing the soreness in your hands?

Comment

stretch your calf muscles

get some good running shoes , if you have high arch foot get relevant shoe - gait analysis at a running shop helps decide which shoe you need

Comment

Last year I slipped off the wet bathroom sink counter hunched over trying to kill a moth fluttering in the light fixture. It was awkward as hell with my head and neck twisted to the side to fit under the ceiling and when I slipped off I landed stiff legged on one foot hard barefoot. The floor under the linoleum is concrete in the bathroom and my arch dropped...stretched and tore. It hurt like hell and I had the worst case of plantar fasciitis. The only way to get rid of it is to be brave and suck up the pain of releasing it with acupressure. Once the initial inflammation period passes say a week or 2 just cradle your foot on you lap and use your elbow to go in deep and massage the spasm (everywhere on the foot) out of the muscle. You can also stand and roll your foot over a rolling pin with full body-weight. Both will hurt like hell to do but it works. It's the only thing that will take it out. I never saw a DR...or used orthopedics for it...or took any meds and I made a 100% full recovery. It took a month until I could walk any great distance...3 months to walk as long as I wanted but with some pain...and 6 months until I was completely pain free. If you don't do the acupressure (daily) it will never completely go away. Fortunately it's an area of the body that you can easily reach and do yourself. Just keep at it...as it begins to release it will hurt less and less to do. If you have had it for any length of time it won't be that inflamed and much easier to do without unbearable pain.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                Last year I slipped off the wet bathroom sink counter hunched over trying to kill a moth fluttering in the light fixture. It was awkward as hell with my head and neck twisted to the side to fit under the ceiling and when I slipped off I landed stiff legged on one foot hard barefoot. The floor under the linoleum is concrete in the bathroom and my arch dropped...stretched and tore. It hurt like hell and I had the worst case of plantar fasciitis. The only way to get rid of it is to be brave and suck up the pain of releasing it with acupressure. Once the initial inflammation period passes say a week or 2 just cradle your foot on you lap and use your elbow to go in deep and massage the spasm (everywhere on the foot) out of the muscle. You can also stand and roll your foot over a rolling pin with full body-weight. Both will hurt like hell to do but it works. It's the only thing that will take it out. I never saw a DR...or used orthopedics for it...or took any meds and I made a 100% full recovery. It took a month until I could walk any great distance...3 months to walk as long as I wanted but with some pain...and 6 months until I was completely pain free. If you don't do the acupressure (daily) it will never completely go away. Fortunately it's an area of the body that you can easily reach and do yourself. Just keep at it...as it begins to release it will hurt less and less to do. If you have had it for any length of time it won't be that inflamed and much easier to do without unbearable pain.
                Maple man, what happened to using a broom?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Maple man, what happened to using a broom?
                  By the time you get the broom the damn moth disappears and is having lunch in your closet. At least I managed to get the moth before slipping but I paid for it. That during the period when I made that AlexKid biography thread and all the photoshops. For the first week I had a lot of time on my hands and was imobile. Just walking to the kitchen was very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    By the time you get the broom the damn moth disappears and is having lunch in your closet. At least I managed to get the moth before slipping but I paid for it. That during the period when I made that AlexKid biography thread and all the photoshops. For the first week I had a lot of time on my hands and was imobile. Just walking to the kitchen was very difficult.
                    So how did you get money during that time?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      So how did you get money during that time?
                      I was only immobile the first week. After that I could get around but with pain. Money was not an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X