No announcement yet.

Boxing Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Strategy

Can anyone help me with a customized boxing strategy. You see, I broke my back years ago and have limited leg strength. I cannot get on the balls of my feet because I cannot flex my calf muscles. My left leg is also weaker than my right. I have difficulty throwing a short right when my weight is transfered to my left leg. Any suggestions for better balance, foot movement, and sparring strategies would be appreciated.

With all do respect I would say that the best strategy would be to take up golf. No need to be in the ring if you cant use everything that you have. Even playing around you could hurt yourself it sounds like to me.

Rockin'

Comment

But I love the sport. I just want to use what I can the best way I can.

Comment

Boxing is about jolting and jarring blows with precision movement. I dont even know if I would recommend hitting a bag with the condition that it sounds like you are in.

Rockin'

Comment

I am really not in that bad of shape. I have been hitting the heavy bag, practicing counterpunches, and shadowboxing for 2 1/2 years to date. I just would like some strategy tips from anyone with experience taking my limitations into account.

Comment

I agree with Rockin. Or you can try and assist fighters.

But I'll try and give you a style you can use. Perhaps Winky Wright's style.

Comment

O.K. I don't give up easily. Thanks.

Comment

If you have trouble with weight distribution you will probably never be a powerpuncher. The best option for you is to treat boxing like a craft and become a solid technician. Become a textbook fighter, a smart fighter to overcome your opponents physical advantages. You don't need to hit particulary hard or get off your shots particulary fast to defeat an opponent. Winky Wright is a pretty good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Chum12788
                  I agree with Rockin. Or you can try and assist fighters.

But I'll try and give you a style you can use. Perhaps Winky Wright's style.
                  Yea sounds like your not going to be doin much shoulder rolling any time soon. I think you should just work on blocking with your gloves as the main defense as they said like winky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Rod
                    Can anyone help me with a customized boxing strategy. You see, I broke my back years ago and have limited leg strength. I cannot get on the balls of my feet because I cannot flex my calf muscles. My left leg is also weaker than my right. I have difficulty throwing a short right when my weight is transfered to my left leg. Any suggestions for better balance, foot movement, and sparring strategies would be appreciated.
                    firt convert to the south-paw stance.

the style i'd go for is -looking for words to accurtly describe what im trying to say- i think a puncher, where you can walk down your opponet, you can cut-off the ring and throw shots in close or from arm distance.

gabrial ruleas had his arm broken at the elbow by his opponet, so his right arm was now shorter then his left arm cause his arm had metal pins inside his elbow holding it together not allowing it to extend normally.

if you feel confident and healthy enough to box then go for it.

they told vinny pazinzza he would never box again and well he became world champion. and the same with willy pep, he was in the same situatiion after his accident and we know him as an all-time great.

so if you feel healthy go for it
                    Last edited by ferocity; 06-03-2006, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X