Boxing Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your help.

Comment

u've just gotta get in the gym and spar, find out what works for you. No one can tell you what u should or shouldnt be doing without seeing u do it, u've just got to test the water and keep trying till u find something that works for you. I admire ur commitment, most people would just forget about it.

Comment

You can either do what you need to in order to train properly or you can't. Only a doctor can tell you your limitations, if any. Then you just practice what you do well a lot, and try to improve where you are weakest.....

Comment

well...if you lvoe the sport..but you cant be apart of it physically..why dont you train people or something...you have knowledge help out...

Comment

Originally posted by yrrej
            You can either do what you need to in order to train properly or you can't. Only a doctor can tell you your limitations, if any. Then you just practice what you do well a lot, and try to improve where you are weakest.....
            doctors can be wrong and have been wrong!

Comment

I've heard about Vinny's broken neck, but that was like only for a minute when I was watching Beyond The Glory for Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

First off I will like to say that I congradulate you for trying. I broke my back two years ago and I know how hard it is. I have trained several ways and have spent several nights watching because I threw my back out, or strained something. Here is what you do...LISTEN TO YOUR BODY and if you have a back injury you know your limits by now. I have competed and been fine. But take your anti-inflammitorys like your suppose to. Take what your taught and mold it to fit your limits and body and master that technique. Go to the gracie websight for ju-jitsu and research the founders of gracie ju-jitsu and you will find out that one of the best fighters of all time suffered from illnesses worse than our backs and was one of the best. you can do fine just know your limits.

This is to whomever mentioned take up golf. you must be crazy. i rather box anyday. go 12 rounds versus 18 holes of twisting that kills the back. its easier to box and have the holy **** beat out of your ribs.

Comment

One more thing. I have a killer right and hit really hard with both hands. So with a back injury it is possible to still be a power puncher. But you have to learn to stay really tight and be smart about it. you get to wide and there goes your back. but you can have power with such an injury

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Rod
                    Can anyone help me with a customized boxing strategy. You see, I broke my back years ago and have limited leg strength. I cannot get on the balls of my feet because I cannot flex my calf muscles. My left leg is also weaker than my right. I have difficulty throwing a short right when my weight is transfered to my left leg. Any suggestions for better balance, foot movement, and sparring strategies would be appreciated.
                    DUDE HONESTLY YOUR BEST BET WOULD BE TO STOP BOXING NOW! NO OFFENSE BUT IF YOU HAVE MINIMIZED MOBILITY YOUR ALWAYS GOING TO BE AT A DISADVANTAGE EVEN AGAINST THE NEW GUY, I WOULDNT RECCOMMEND ACTUALLY FIGHTING BECAUSE OF THE LEG AND BACK MOTION PROBLEM. YOU NEED TO HAVE 100 % MOBILITY TO BE AN EFFECTIVE FIGHTER AND OVBIOUSLY YOU DONT SO I WOULD RECONSIDER FIGHTING IF I WERE YOU. I FRACTURED MY BACK AND KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BUT ATLEAST I HAVE FULL MOBILITY.

Comment

Working...
                    X