No announcement yet.

Calf injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calf injury

picked up a niggling calf injury, annoying. I know 3 weeks rest will probably be the best but any ideas on keeping the cardio up without putting to much through the calf

I know i will struggle to rest

Stationary bike?

Comment

Did you get the injury from a cardio exercise?

Comment

Yeah, just general boxing. Was tight after sparring and I ignored it, stretched warmed down then about an hour later just at home struggled to climb stairs properly. I can feel it is really tight, should be training later today but I'm worried it will go ping in training

Comment

Swimming or cycling are probably your best options (Any exercise which is low impact etc).

Comment

Yeah, jumped on the road bike today. Was a nice sunny day and managed to smash out 60km a few good hills in there so got my ass out the saddle a fair bit, slipped into a relatively low gear at times to get my legs spinning and the cadence up. Felt good doing something other than resting

Comment

complete rest is never the best idea. But give it 3 or 4 days of no activity, then some gentle calf stretches, and some ankle pumps/circles. rowing/cross trainer,cycling should be okay, it works the calf to some extent but its not really high impact. swimming or pool jogging should be fine.

Comment

I have done that. It takes 3-4 weeks to heal, then do calf raises in the gym so it won't happen again.

Comment

Some foam rolling and deep heat wouldn't do any harm either

Comment

You could just do like Floyd, left right light and fast punches on the bag for cardio. And don't forget to have some ass licking people behind you to scream "HArd work, dedication, hard work, dedication".

Comment

Working...
                    X