Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in NYC area looking for a new coach/trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in NYC area looking for a new coach/trainer?

Always had the goal of becoming a boxing coach trainer because my epilepsy prevents me from going pro myself. I'm 23 and USABoxing certified. Looking for an oppurtunity to start coaching.

Originally posted by Akan View Post
    Always had the goal of becoming a boxing coach trainer because my epilepsy prevents me from going pro myself. I'm 23 and USABoxing certified. Looking for an oppurtunity to start coaching.
    Should you not start in a proper boxing club before "offering your services"

Your 23,no boxing experience, have you stayed in a boxing club with actual fighters for more than 2 years.

Stupid post.

Do you even know how to do pads, footwork, basics and so on?and not a 1-2 on the pads, I mean something like a double jab,right hand and swivel off their hook. Stepping in and out of range etc...

Do you know how to submit paperwork for fights and tournaments?
    Do you have your own gym or what?
    Professional or amateur?

Just cause you have a piece of paper it doesn't make you good or qualified.

If amir Khan never boxed and was a trainer instead,this is what he would sound like

Comment

Lol calm down. Yes, I know how to do and teach more than the basic one twos. Although I don't comment here much if you look at my history I give great boxing advice. I'm here looking for a club to start coaching in so I can get more experience. I never came in saying I was the best, I'm just looking for more oppurtunities to get experience in coaching, which includes the aspects of coaching you mentioned. Why is everyone here so quick to pull the trigger and get angry, learn to maintain control of your emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Akan View Post
        Lol calm down. Yes, I know how to do and teach more than the basic one twos. Although I don't comment here much if you look at my history I give great boxing advice. I'm here looking for a club to start coaching in so I can get more experience. I never came in saying I was the best, I'm just looking for more oppurtunities to get experience in coaching, which includes the aspects of coaching you mentioned. Why is everyone here so quick to pull the trigger and get angry, learn to maintain control of your emotions.
        Ah right sorry.
        I took it the wrong way
        I also had a few drinks in me hence the rant haha.

Just get down to a boxing club,
        Where are you based? I'm sure their is many clubs looking for a few volunteers, but make sure your methods are on par to that of the head trainer on case you start confusing people

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
          Ah right sorry.
          I took it the wrong way
          I also had a few drinks in me hence the rant haha.

Just get down to a boxing club,
          Where are you based? I'm sure their is many clubs looking for a few volunteers, but make sure your methods are on par to that of the head trainer on case you start confusing people
          No problem, we've all been there lol. I've been to a few and they weren't looking for help. One was more of a boxercise gym than actual boxing so I didn't mind getting turned down. I live in the east Bronx but I'm willing to commute if required. I just thought I'd post around in case any coaches/boxers were in the area, and they happened to fly under my radar. Trying any and everything to get myself off the ground. Got tired of saying someday and decided to start actually working toward it. I think you're right about explicitly saying I'm willing to volunteer. Perhaps they thought I wanted to get paid lol. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
            X