No announcement yet.

Urgent Training advice Regarding fatigue, injury and fitness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
    Boxing is one of the hardest aerobic exercise the body will do, you need oxygen to fuel your muscles, the bigger the muscles the more oxygen they take from your blood, meaning fatigue.
    Boxing is actually mostly a anaerobic sport! most of the body movements such as throwing explosive combinations, produce lactic acid very quickly! which means you are mostly operating through the lactic acid systems! (Your body is working beyond the capacity of the aerobic energy system). This is why long slow mileage, is a complete loads of nonsense! but i agree boxers should train sports specific, and not get carried away with body building routines! if you go to a commercial gym? learn how to incorporate sports specific exercises which will cross over into boxing! and ignore nonsense exercises like the bench press!

I would say boxers are more like middle distance runners on a biological level! and then you get guys like Anthony Joshua who are more like sprinters! (You can always spot the differences between boxers, in regards to their genetics and muscle types).
    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-11-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      i think your training should be geared 80/20 boxing to weights at this stage maybe even 90/10 but see if anyone else has more tangible answers (this is what works for me)
      I think that's a very good suggestion. You can't serve two masters. Either focus on boxing or focus on lifting weights, pick one.

I mostly just do pushups, pull ups, dips, bodyweight squats, and burpees. Plus some ab work.

The rest is boxing related work. (Bags, mitts, and sparring.)
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-12-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

You feeling weak is probably because you arent eating enough carbs before lifting. Thats the most likely thing from what youve said.

That being said you should focus more on strength and specifically compound movements at this point for your weight lifting. And obviously training skills and technique is the most important thing for boxing. Strength only gets you so far.

Comment

Working...
        X