No announcement yet.

Can you box after eye surgery???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you box after eye surgery???

Currently I wear contacts, but I'm thinking of getting LASIK eye surgery, my question is can I box as an amateur after getting eye surgery? Or would it be more dangerous?

Depends what kinda surgery you're getting, I personally can't see how it would make boxing more dangerous so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to continue

If anything it would help you, especially if it makes your vision better

Comment

If I was you I would look into all your options when it comes to corrective eye surgery, I was considering getting it before. There are lots of different kinds of corrective laser treatments for vision but I forget how Lasik is done. However, some of the 3 main types of surgery some are permanent so if your eyes start to go bad again as you get older you will have to go back to wearing glasses, I believe its on a case to case basis but I've heard of this happening before. Also, beware of the flap, depending on what type of surgery you elect you may be stuck with a permanent flap of eye tissue hanging over your eye for the rest of your life, I believe this is LASIK, I think you want PRK to avoid this, it might not matter but I could add some additional complications. I've heard of it being a problem for skydivers and the such as the current of air can peel back the part of the eye that is left unattached after the surgery.
      Last edited by tdogg93; 01-30-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X