• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Run EVERYDAY

??????????????

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    ??????????????

Comment

Depends on how long ur runs are, if u run long distances at a slow speed then definitley not, if u do like HIIT training then u can run 4-5 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        Depends on how long ur runs are, if u run long distances at a slow speed then definitley not, if u do like HIIT training then u can run 4-5 times a week.
        About 3 miles each session

Averaging 7 mins 30 secs per mile

Comment

??????????????
          depending on how old you are

your legs will be shot

I ran track in high school,cross country, and did a lot of running for wrestling bro.....you cant train at the same internsity everyday...need recovery days, otherwise your knees, and ankles wont be worth a damn by your late 20s

Thank God I was a workaholic after 25.....im 31 now and my legs are still good....guys I grew up with who played sports are in pretty bad shape because depending on how much and the terrain, it is actually damaging.

Comment

Every day? You should have at least one day of rest a week. Take a day off or you will be arrested for body abuse.

Comment

I run anywhere from 1-3 times a week, although ideally it would be around 3-4 times. I think you need to rest your legs and body multiple days a week, especially if you're doing other exercise.

I sometimes marvel at people who are chronic runners and have made it a part of their lifestyles but I think too much running will cause a lot of wear 'n tear on the body. I'm Facebooked in with this woman (she's 38) and all she does is post about running. She's been doing all these crazy marathons and running sessions all summer. That and going out and partying after the runs is all she seems to do in life. I think going all out balls-to-wall is just gonna wreck your body in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I run anywhere from 1-3 times a week, although ideally it would be around 3-4 times. I think you need to rest your legs and body multiple days a week, especially if you're doing other exercise.

I sometimes marvel at people who are chronic runners and have made it a part of their lifestyles but I think too much running will cause a lot of wear 'n tear on the body. I'm Facebooked in with this woman (she's 38) and all she does is post about running. She's been doing all these crazy marathons and running sessions all summer. That and going out and partying after the runs is all she seems to do in life. I think going all out balls-to-wall is just gonna wreck your body in the long term.
                ^^^^yep you're right

Roy Jones was a chronic runner, athlete, basketball player and he can barely walk

no one pays attention to it, but he medically has the knees of someone much older

other athletes who were addicted to training who are 30s-40s have the legs of 60-70 year olds

many of my friends who played pee wee sports and are pros or active have shot legs...kinda sad

Comment

??????????????
                  Nope.

I got an awful tendon injury, which took me 6 months to recover, just because I didn't listen to my body.

Your tendons and ligaments need recovery and time to adjust to the stress.

Also, don't run on hard surfaces such as concrete! Rather run on track or grass fields.

I would advise you to run 3 - 4 times a week, or 2 times a week if you just picked up running again.

Listen to your body! When you feel some pain in your feets, knees or legs DON'T run! Take a couple of days to recover and begin lightly again.

And lastly good running shoes, daily stretching (glutes, calves, hamstrings, quadriceps etc), and strengthening of your ankles/ feet or knee muscles which surround the names 3, is really important

Comment

Okay

I'll try every other day since I run on hard surfaces
                    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 09-16-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X