Elevation Training Masks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevation Training Masks

Who has experience using them?

No personal experience but know 2 guys that have used them down the gym - one of whom said it was worth using and one of whom said it was a hassle and not worth using. So it seems like it might be something that will come down to your own preference. You don't see many pros using them...

Comment

I have never used one and tbh BUT if you are not near somewhere where you can train in a higher elevation I would suggest alternating between swimming laps and roadwork. Itll widen your lungs and save wear and tear on the knees. Those who have read my training posts know I swear by swimming, its an underused exercise for fighters.

Comment

From my own research into using the masks, I'd say using it while doing HIIT, and sprints and so on will actually yield beneficial improvements, however just don't use it for everything

Comment

Not a fan of it.. you can seriously hurt yourself if you aren't careful with it

Comment

pretty sure the sports science evidence for these isnt good.

Comment

It seems like guys are always looking for ways to get more stamina because they tend to get tired in fights, and there aint nothing worse then being so tired you cant get off.

The only thing worse is missing hard shots when you are tired, missing hard shots when tired is THE WORST. If you want to maintain stamina, skipping more rope helps, so does staying relaxed when you punch, not missing hard shots, and talking. Talking really regulates your breathing, thats why they make you sing when you are long runs in the military.
              Ali knew it and practiced it.
              You really have to train yourself to relax when you throw punches because you always tend to want to hurt your opponent when you hit him, instead of just scoring points.

I found that cutting back on road work and just using it to warm up, then skipping extra rope, and using heavy gloves while working the heavy bag helped me a lot.

But you get hit with body shots and it still takes the piss and vinegar out of you.

Comment

Working...
              X