Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got some sparring in yesterday video inside...soon my elbow will be 100%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff, keep the hard work. Hope the elbow heals soon so you can be at 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Was this video recorded with a rotary phone?

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        Was this video recorded with a rotary phone?

this isnt a multi-media forum, its a boxing forum bro

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Good stuff, keep the hard work. Hope the elbow heals soon so you can be at 100%.
          thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            I'm a former USA/ABF trainer for Region 1 and trained at the Olympic Training Center in Colo. Springs.
            My gym opened 1969-70 and remains opened today owned and operated by one of my student members from the 80's.
            I've trained with and against world pro boxers and have worked all over the world.
            There are some sports page articles about me on this forum from a few months back. I think there in the history section.

What you need work on is more important than what you do right.
            Reps Reps and then more Reps............everyday 3 rds in the mirror correcting!

talk soon Ray
            bringing my legs closer together definitely helped. I feel the difference on the mitts, heavybag and shadow boxing....me and a stablemate did some defense drills and it definitely help my head movement.

I ate a few jabs but I saw everything coming and the right hand was lined up perfectly

now it just has to heal so i can throw it without hesistation and swelling. Been using it as a decoy to other shots in the mean time.

thanks for the advice. Watched some old school fighters, Joe Louis' stance is a nice prototype for me. nice balanced and get torque in my shots

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

this isnt a multi-media forum, its a boxing forum bro
              But yet you posted some media.................

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                But yet you posted some media.................
                Boxing...boxing....boxing.....that's all that matters....sheesh.....I posted it for the purpose of the content, not the apparatus used to record....smh

Comment

Good for you glad to help. When you begin teaching the most important instruction for a beginner will always be balance.
                  Balance brings power and protection it increases mobility and deceptiveness.
                  Proper width, correct posture, using feet, hips, shoulders without tilting any of them takes discipline and an extra pair of eyes watching to correct and remind. A full length mirror is essential to a beginner. If a fighter can't work on his own form & style he will never be a good boxer. Reps Reps & more Reps............ Correctly.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Good for you glad to help. When you begin teaching the most important instruction for a beginner will always be balance.
                    Balance brings power and protection it increases mobility and deceptiveness.
                    Proper width, correct posture, using feet, hips, shoulders without tilting any of them takes discipline and an extra pair of eyes watching to correct and remind. A full length mirror is essential to a beginner. If a fighter can't work on his own form & style he will never be a good boxer. Reps Reps & more Reps............ Correctly.

Ray
                    thanks Ray, I talked to my trainer and he literally gave me the same tips you did.

It is closing the distance to land my right hand....I can slip shots and throw off the slip easier and Im always on balance

I have to get used to this set, stance but it definitely is better for me, considering im usually at a height advantage and need my legs under me to be prepared to fire at all times

thanks bro

Comment

Working...
                    X