No announcement yet.

Need a good training plan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good training plan?

Hello! I'm new to this forum and came to seek any advice. I have many goals but my main one is to become a pro boxer. It will take a lot of work and that's what I love but I'm having trouble finding a good training plan. I know to become pro all you have to do is stick to your gym and work hard at it and eventually it'll come but my problem is that I also like lifting,bjj and calisthenics. Basically I want to be a hybrid athlete. I don't want to be just quick and agile I also want to have power, mass, flexibility, endurance and stamina. Right now though I want to gain some mass for boxing because I don't want to fight in lightweight class anymore. I want to start packing some more power behind my punches and pump myself up to 160-165 atleast. I've stopped boxing for awhile and did gain some muscle mass from powerlifting but after awhile I've felt a reduction in stamina,agility and speed. As a boxer how can I lift and gain mass while boxing? I'm 5'7" weigh 148lbs and have a fast metabolism. I've been consuming 4000calories a day to increase mass but I know I'll lose weight easily if I start boxing again.

Originally posted by Guerrerb View Post
    Hello! I'm new to this forum and came to seek any advice. I have many goals but my main one is to become a pro boxer. It will take a lot of work and that's what I love but I'm having trouble finding a good training plan. I know to become pro all you have to do is stick to your gym and work hard at it and eventually it'll come but my problem is that I also like lifting,bjj and calisthenics. Basically I want to be a hybrid athlete. I don't want to be just quick and agile I also want to have power, mass, flexibility, endurance and stamina. Right now though I want to gain some mass for boxing because I don't want to fight in lightweight class anymore. I want to start packing some more power behind my punches and pump myself up to 160-165 atleast. I've stopped boxing for awhile and did gain some muscle mass from powerlifting but after awhile I've felt a reduction in stamina,agility and speed. As a boxer how can I lift and gain mass while boxing? I'm 5'7" weigh 148lbs and have a fast metabolism. I've been consuming 4000calories a day to increase mass but I know I'll lose weight easily if I start boxing again.
    I know from training out of a UFC gym, a lot of mixed martial artist tend to focus their training regiments on anaerobics more than aerobics. Id say a good ratio for a boxer is 60% aerobics, 40% anaerobics and the opposite for an MMA fighter. If you are dead set on being a boxer and want to gain size, Id say focus on the ground up, meaning build your legs 1st. I think thats the best place to start while continuing your jits and what not.

Comment

Powerlifting and boxing don't have really mix.. No reason to bulk up muscle.. Continue doing calisthenics and add plyometrics and Olympic weight lifting for the explosive power you're looking for

Comment

Working...
      X